Get instant digital access.

From the GRM Vault: Subaru Bounces Back

This story comes from all the way back in 2001. The message rings even stronger today as Subaru is currently celebrating its 67th consecutive month of yearly month-over-month growth.

To zoom in, hold down the CTRL (or Command on a Mac) key and then hit the “+” key.

Want to read about the coolest cars in amateur motorsports? Get a year of Grassroots Motorsports for just $20. Subscribe now.

Subaru Rally

Subaru Rally

Subaru Rally
Subaru Rally
Subaru Rally

Join Free Join our community to easily find more Subaru articles.

Comments

8/1/17 6:20 p.m.

Just bumping this up because, darn it, I just like this one.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
8/2/17 5:48 a.m.

Love Subies. I am on my sixth one currently.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
8/2/17 6:40 a.m.

I really want to love Subaru's. Well, I love the looks and performance and the aura but I'm struggling to get over my fears of the Grassroots priced ones.

Coming from a GMT 800, it's hard for me to feel comfortable with the issues I've read about i.e.: head gaskets.

If fact, (not sure if this is a strange notion) I'm searching for a brand that I can not only drive but collect lots of interchangeable parts and kind of get into the "scene".

I mean, I LOVE driving by a house where you can see that they're big fans of one brand or another: a driver, a parts car, a garage full of seats, rims, tires, body panels.

Seems like Subaru and Jeep are like that. The ol' Lego phenomenon!

Blaise
Blaise Reader
8/2/17 8:04 a.m.

LEGO AWAY!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
8/2/17 8:10 a.m.
Blaise wrote: ^ Headgasket issues haven't been a thing since the 2.2 era. You're talking 20 years ago. LEGO AWAY!

Thanks for that! I'll have to look into prices because the 2.2 era is what I was referring to being Grassroots priced but maybe in need to revisit that theory.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More