1 2 3 ... 13
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/18 5:11 p.m.

I received my box today so I finally finished packing up my box to send out and it is sitting in my car so I don't forget it tomorrow. 

With that out of the way I could open the one I received, and what a great box it was. 

#1 - Strange looking set of hammers. 

#2 - Fun looking toy. I will see how long it lasts in the back yard before my dog beats me to it when it lands. 

#3 - A VHS for the brand new Subaru SVX!

#4 - A badge for a GEDOD. 

#5 - A pack of 3m playing cards. I haven't sorted through to see if it has the special card to win a free gift but the pack I got at work did not. 

#6 - Coilover adjusters. These may be useful for an upcoming project. 

#7 - Mystery roll of copper sleeve*

#8 - Assorted hole saws to round out my set. 

#9 - Deck of cards and alleged smart power socket from Conair. 

#10 - Heat sleeve, an Ecoboost bracelet and a black knob. I started consolidating at this point because there was so many things to take pictures of. 

#11 - Safety glasses and a wrench. 

#12 - Assortment of awesome stickers. 

#13 - A Michigan trailer license plate - since this is permanent does that mean I can put it on my trailer and be legal? cheeky

#14 - Unknown mystery object. 

*Cat was not included in package. 

I did some light stalking and found out who sent the package. It was a lot of great stuff, thanks!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/26/18 5:15 p.m.

I wish I would have thought of sending one of my used cats. frown

EvanB
12/26/18 5:21 p.m.
Cooter said:

I wish I would have thought of sending one of my used cats. frown

If I had thought of sending a cat I could have just put an empty box on the floor and she would have jumped in. 

I edited the first post with text, I wanted to make sure there wasn't a 10 image limit still before filling in the description. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
12/26/18 5:23 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Your unknown mystery object is a fan spacer. For when you need extra reach.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/26/18 5:23 p.m.

#14 is a fan spacer. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/26/18 5:37 p.m.

#2 does actually fly fairly well, they just don't come down from trees. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/26/18 6:00 p.m.

You’re welcome!  Was the SVX tape the giveaway?  I thought everyone deserved a Christmas toy Evan!  My boys and I have a great time with them. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/26/18 6:02 p.m.

The copper mesh roll is great for scrubbing clean metal surfaces as well as filling catch cans. 

EvanB
12/26/18 6:18 p.m.
wawazat said:

You’re welcome!  Was the SVX tape the giveaway?  I thought everyone deserved a Christmas toy Evan!  My boys and I have a great time with them. 

I searched grm for the city it was sent from and I have already met the other GRMer living there so I figured it was you. Thanks!

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
12/27/18 10:23 a.m.

The address I received got a little crossed up and the USPS kiosk quickly put a stop to my shipment.  An email later we got it sorted and with a coupe days delay, off it went.  The GRM karmic forces are very strong for when I returned from dropping mine off at the US Post Office, my very own box had arrived... How'd it know...?

Typical large flat rate box exactly like the one I just shipped, price included.

Hey, this is off to a good start!

My guy went out and stalked me and was able to figure out my shirt size.  And got it right!  Kreepy and cool all in one. laughyes

The hats are perfect and there is a shift know between them.  5 Speed something, may be a VW.  Looks well used.

A little Dale is always good.

And packed with its own cache.

Sam Adams beer tap and and empty Mountain Dew can from Martinsville Raceway. LOL.  Now I need a keg of Sam Adams.

A hockey puck to throw at someone/thing.

VW throttle body

All of this German stuff goes along with my Japanese and Italian parts so I now have my own Axis Powers in my garage.

Audi Book and calendar

What SS would be complete without stickers.

A Detroit Locker sticker.  I like that one!

It was said in a different thread about how we will likely anticipate and enjoy opening these random gifts better than a lot of the family ones.  My 25 YO daughter unknowingly quoted that as I was opening this.

Thanks!!

>Scott

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/18 1:18 p.m.

Cool stuff so far!

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
12/27/18 4:30 p.m.

Cool indeed. I need to get my box in the mail. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
12/27/18 4:59 p.m.
Greg Smith said:

Cool indeed. I need to get my box in the mail. 

I need to get mine sent out too. Oddly enough it is the same one you sent me last year, because recycling!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/18 5:35 p.m.

Mine arrived today, but I'd feel guilty opening it before mine is sent. I've been sick since Sunday, so I'm slacking a bit.

Edit: Packed and ready to go now. I even used the good tape!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/27/18 10:23 p.m.

I got a box in the box yesterday, I have mine packed and ready to go out tomorrow, so I felt "OK" opening it before sending mine. Now after looking through it I have plans to add a few last minute items to my box before sending it out.

The Box as delivered

Open

This looks interesting.. Mini Bell Helmet very similiar to the one I used to announce impending birth of my first child. 

Now back to the box..

After unwrapping some of my picture didn't come out so we have multiple socket organizers, stickers (especially like the "Warning don't tell me how to do my job"), pens, patches (Oldsmobile Master Technician?), bulbs, some very cool measuring tools for parts fabrication and such, 

a couple of high points Lancia valve cover, Enamel Lancia badge, and a special motorized Subaru Forster

The note explains the Forester was used by Subaru to demonstrate  anti-collision system. it has sensors built in the grill that stop it before it crashes, So cool this will have to go to work to use to demonstrate the system to my students. 

Just like last year the kids are already laying claim to things. This time it's the baby decided this socket organizer matches his outfit.  Thank you very much GRM "secret" New Year "Santa" This is an awesome haul. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/28/18 2:36 a.m.

The Lancia swag is super cool.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/28/18 9:33 a.m.

Awesome loot so far!

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/28/18 2:09 p.m.

Box showed up today. Came with interesting artwork and just shy of 20LBS.

Box came packed to the brim

Umm...WTF indeed

Doorbell? Fire alarm, box o knots, Velcro, Canadian$$, a coin with the inscription 'good for one screw', stickers, speaker wire, squishy wheel, radar detector, g force meter, no clue what the yellow piece of plastic is. Has CMP and 'be sure bore is clear before firing' stamped on it.

What do we have wrapped up here?

Blueberry jam

Jam, Tire foam, rush CDs, random drill bits, 10mm socket, assorted hardware and metal detail brushes.

The reason for all the weight

And finally, either a very random part, or some insider info was shared (don't think I've posted about my VW)

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/28/18 2:29 p.m.
1kris06 said:

Nice haul. I think I passed along that Cooper Tire stress tire a year or two ago. Good to see it still being used :P

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
12/28/18 4:22 p.m.

Hey Lopracer,

Those three little outside calipers are the real deal.  If you look close you can see the "B & S" on them (Brown and Sharpe).  I found them a few years ago in a garage sale for $1.  I thought they were too good to pass up.  I had thought a shadow box would be a good display for them but never got there.

>Scott

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/28/18 4:50 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

That got there a day early!

The “token” is from Mattie Silks, a 19th century brothel.  Wiki link is here.  If you are interested in Wild West-type history...  (It’s that old).

The yellow thing is an empty chamber indicator from the National Matches in Ohio.  It’s a visual safety for the range officers when they are clearing the firing line.

And yes, there was a little regifting.  The tire squeezy and the electronics to be exact.  The bell thing is actually for a phone.

I made the jam this past summer.  And the VW thing was given to me- I guess it was part of a subwoofer enclosure.  Facebork indicated you may have some VW interest (it was a guess on my part).  The rotor is off my 84 Rabbit- for ballast purposes.  Didn’t want the box floating away cheeky

I hope there are a couple things in there you can actually use!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/28/18 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

Those calipers are pure awesome, they may make it into a shadow box but it will be one I can get them out of to use them... that's for sure.  Thanks it's a spectacular cool haul. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/28/18 7:34 p.m.

I'm glad I haven't sent out my box yet. I'm going to have to step up my game.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/28/18 8:11 p.m.

I got my gift box today. Family dinner at the house and they just left. More red wine to be consumed tonight so unwrapping /recording event is on schedule for tomorrow. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/28/18 10:33 p.m.

Bomb's away:

Getting dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. As soon as I finished taping it closed I immediately remembered three other things I meant to put in there. Oh well, I'll have a head start on next year's box.

1 2 3 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rGewHml0kIqrNgoc8GqIB0VNiPqn7dUGDSZ2Ib0fDMrqycEC1y7kogvzrsTa3rFK