1 2 3 4
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/28/18 7:37 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Apexcarv meer :

Maybe, I’ll contact you tomorrow.

Maybe?  I thought you had learned how to commit now that you're married. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/29/18 8:13 a.m.

PM sent

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/29/18 9:08 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

PM sent

Replied

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/29/18 9:32 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to GTXVette :

I have a 6.0 LS based truck motor sitting around and $40 in my pocket. 

Sounds like a match made in heaven! I would suggest a rear suspension upgrade, but for the price of the car, you can afford to put in something more suitable. As you can see, it bolts right in with just some simple hand tools that  you probably already own smiley

A

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/29/18 10:08 a.m.
Apexcarver said:
Andy Neuman said:

PM sent

Replied

And that there is how dreams are made. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/29/18 11:06 a.m.

Car and possibly seat tentatively spoken for.

Miata parts STILL AVAILABLE

NA1.8 miata parts for  $250:  Rear subframe with open diff (minus one driveshaft, one upright and one brake assembly) Two Miata front corners with brakes. (NO springs/shocks for front or rear, also no steering gear)

Will get pics of the Miata parts soon.

corytate
corytate UltraDork
11/29/18 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

ideally something manual and decently fun, which will turn into a project car in a few months once I get some money saved for a small suv or truck, or 2 birds with 1 stone would be a mid 90s Toyota 2wd 5 speed pickup or a Miata of course (swmbo would hate it but oh well)

getting rid of an xc70, starting to get suspension clunks, some body damage, cracked windshield, and the I’m scared that the trans may have started early signs of going out. I love this thing but I don’t ever feel like working on it and just plain miss rowing my own gears, it’s been over 2 years since I owned something with a manual trans and that is too long imo

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
11/29/18 10:17 p.m.
Apexcarver said:
corytate said:

In reply to Apexcarver :

I have to replace my dd before getting a project or I’d be all over it right now. 

What are you looking for in a DD?   I need to get rid of a '95 miata as well...  It was my DD, but I baby haul now, so I DD a tow pig

Would that happen to be a challenged priced miata? 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/30/18 2:50 a.m.
fiesta54 said:
Apexcarver said:
corytate said:

In reply to Apexcarver :

I have to replace my dd before getting a project or I’d be all over it right now. 

What are you looking for in a DD?   I need to get rid of a '95 miata as well...  It was my DD, but I baby haul now, so I DD a tow pig

Would that happen to be a challenged priced miata? 

Let me think a bit on it... it does need some rocker rust repair...

It's a sts car short an aftermarket ecu and with slightly less spring rate. It does have a low mileage junkyard motor in it.  I feel like $2k is really low, and would be selling the hardtop separately for sure.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
11/30/18 8:09 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Definitely understand.  No rush!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/7/18 11:01 a.m.

Andy now has all the British sportscar that $40 can buy. 

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/7/18 11:51 a.m.

Glad to have been able to assist, Andy please kick off your build blog soon, as we all would love to see where this ends up going.....

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/5/19 11:33 a.m.

Im never going to get around to working on this. If anyone wants it price is still $40. It isn't in my way at all, it's actually in a back corner of the basement now. Best time for pickup 7am-3:30pm M-F. No title, going to throw in some motorcycle shocks  to sweeten the deal. 

Would trade for a Turbo 400 and a shifter or other useful parts for my RX7 build. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/5/19 2:53 p.m.

It still has the transmission that I am SURE you could sell for the price of the car.

Fast and easy $0 challenge start!

If work and being a dad wasnt taking up so much of my life I would not have let it go.  

Figure out a rear suspension/driveline, add drivetrain of choice, have awesome track rat. 

Another possible inspiration...

SOMEONE DO THIS!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aOSlC814XU0UQOp2FEPB9lQNv2aWlCkKkEvkUw2H1tBNQT0HNNjIozoAXZH6XNl2