Powar
Powar Dork
8/6/13 8:18 a.m.

1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance

This is mine.

90k miles on the car. ~1500 miles on the professionally rebuilt 425 big block. From what I've been told, the four-wheel disc brake option on this car is fairly rare. 1 respray in the stock color at some point in the past. I had grand intentions of a perfect detail, high quality photos and an eBay auction, but I just don't have the time to devote to that right now, and it's time to move a couple of projects along. It's quite dusty in the photos, but cleans up very nicely.

Recent parts/service:

-- 425 rebuilt by a local shop ~1500 miles ago

-- Transmission was serviced at that time

-- New starter

-- New master cylinder

-- New FL caliper

Things that don't work:

-- A/C isn't cold

-- Power door locks

-- Horn (might be something silly... I'll take a look.)

-- The exhaust is bad. I have a replacement cat-back that will come with the car. It still runs and drives well, but is louder than it should be.

Things that do work that I didn't expect:

-- Cruise Control

-- All of the lights

-- Power trunk pull-down

This car runs and drives and should take you wherever you want to go. Feel free to make offers of trades+cash if interested, but I really don't need/want much else right now.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
8/6/13 8:26 a.m.

dang, I'd like to own that just to pimp around in style

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/6/13 8:55 a.m.

That's a nice car.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
8/6/13 2:45 p.m.

Wow. Sweet.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/6/13 5:17 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/rambler-1966-classic-v8/66398/page1/

straight up trade for my rambler and i'll do the traveling?

you know you want to. i miss my 78 caddy, mine was so clean and only had 78k when i got it.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/7/13 6:47 a.m.
patgizz wrote: straight up trade for my rambler and i'll do the traveling? you know you want to. i miss my 78 caddy, mine was so clean and only had 78k when i got it.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm mostly trying to sell this car so that I can inject some life into other things. The AMC would just be another distraction for me. If I'm getting another distraction, it'll have to be something really special.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/12/13 2:59 p.m.

$1800. I'd really prefer not to have to list this thing on CraigsList and deal with all that noise.

plance1
plance1 Dork
8/14/13 8:55 p.m.

Gee, Shepherdsville, KY is not all that far from Covington, KY....

Powar
Powar Dork
8/15/13 7:51 a.m.
plance1 wrote: Gee, Shepherdsville, KY is not all that far from Covington, KY....

Not at all.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/21/13 8:47 a.m.

I fixed the power seat and door locks. Hurry up and buy!

Powar
Powar Dork
9/5/13 11:32 a.m.

I've been driving it around a bit lately and enjoying it. Still here, still for sale.

Powar
Powar Dork
9/10/13 7:50 a.m.

Well... I put over a hundred miles on the car Sunday. The left front tire blew out on the high way on the way home.

If someone wants it with the full-sized spare (which still has a whitewall, amusingly enough), I'll take $1600 for it before I buy some tires.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
9/10/13 8:06 a.m.

Have I mentioned you are killing me? Love this thing. Don't really need a 2nd malaise era boat around the house but I'd love it anyway.

Timing is bad, I need to have at least one more car sold (cough Yugo cough) before I think about adding to the fleet.

Someone should jump on this!

Powar
Powar Dork
9/10/13 8:12 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: Someone should jump on this!

I agree. I'd rather not do the tires and exhaust, but if I do, it's off to CraigsList with the old beast.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/10/13 8:52 a.m.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
10/29/13 12:33 p.m.

Hey, guys. Guess what I still have?

A friend used it for a few days while we finished up the engine swap in his car. He said it performed perfectly. Come get it!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
11/2/13 3:39 p.m.

You still have this? Amazing.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
11/4/13 8:50 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: You still have this? Amazing.

I agree. Maybe I should actually list it elsewhere. Or not. It isn't hurting anything in my driveway.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
11/27/13 6:48 a.m.

A friend of mine decided that he wanted this Sunday night. Last night, he drove it home.

The saga is over, and I didn't even have to put up with CraigsList flakes. Thank you to everyone from here who had contacted me.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/27/13 8:00 a.m.

that's good because i was contemplating it for a winter car, and i don't think i could live with myself putting it through the salt.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
11/27/13 8:02 a.m.
patgizz wrote: that's good because i was contemplating it for a winter car, and i don't think i could live with myself putting it through the salt.

He drove it home last night in the slushy snowy E36 M3 that was falling from the sky. It'll probably be a rotted out E36 M3box within a year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fr76CA8a89Gr2sgFdGRk46ijN3D5hTiwosJN4hF1mhO9sNC8Q3aUYK0FJwgjcG06