Teggsan
Teggsan Reader
9/4/12 8:33 p.m.

EDIT: SOLD

1984 Porsche 944. Guards red. Mileage unknown as the odo was apparently replaced by a previous owner.

I originally bought this to build into a track car but decided to go another direction after blowing the engine. This is NOT one of the common cases of a broken timing belt. Rather the head gasket was going and I didn't watch the temps so the car overheated, blowing the head gasket.

Vehicle is entirely repairable; I just don't have the time; rather I have bought another car that's turnkey.

Within the hundred miles before this happened, I went through the car with a fine-toothed comb. Suspension was completely freshened including adjustable Koni Yellows, new bushings, ball joints, etc. New radiator, new rotors/pads, etc. Many other items were handled as well. I spent a silly amount of money and time on all of this.

Everything was working on the car (all electrical bits like windows, sunroof release, and the A/C blows cold). I have all parts to complete the head gasket repair though the block should probably be shaved as part of the rebuild. The head is rebuilt and is in good condition. Top of the engine is currently off.

Fuchs wheels, nearly brand new Hankook Ventus RS-3 tires.

Comes with a box of 944 goodies. Various small and larger parts. Also have a near-complete second engine (also needs a rebuild) for additional cost.

Paint on hood and roof could use a respray. Interior is in good condition though the dash is cracked, as on most of these cars.

You tow away. PM with questions.

Teggsan
Teggsan Reader
11/19/12 7:35 p.m.

Edit: $1K takes everything. Everything must go in one lot. Need garage/driveway space.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/20/12 6:41 a.m.

Do you have any pictures of the car in its before and current state? I passed this ad on to a friend down in Houston.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
11/20/12 12:08 p.m.

Location?

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
11/20/12 12:09 p.m.

If anyone here ends up with it I have an '84 engine that I'll take $500 for. I can ship pretty much anywhere in the country for $150-$250.

Teggsan
Teggsan Reader
11/20/12 1:30 p.m.

In reply to 16vCorey:

Austin, TX

I have some pics here: http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/H1449-6/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

email to marketingmike at yahoo dot com with interest. Would like this gone this weekend. A steal at $1K. Please don't try to haggle.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gjzBtdQBN8nir0gb0nuCMb2ZFENNq1J3SbyY1HBR5uIrdrI6lVUuZM47JOdP95fL