mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
8/25/15 1:12 p.m.

I'm directly affiliated. It pains me to say it, but its time to move the golf.

I'm kinda rushed, and will post pics tomorrow but its $500 or will likely get scrapped. Bought as a project several years ago and never really got off of the ground. Circumstances have forced me to get rid of it sooner rather than later.

Back story cliff notes: Test drove local CL car after work( maybe a Weds or Thurs ). Earlier test drive went great, so I decided to drive the car home( approx 40miles ). Oil light and engine starts knocking about 10 miles away on the freeway. Engine was knocking by the time I could pull over. Towed car home and found badly spun bearings. After my test drive PO( or someone ) had dented the oil pan, knocking the oil pickup loose. Started engine swap, and kids and life got in the way.

Pros: - 1985 8V golf gti - little to no rust - paint and body in decent shape - Started replacing gear linkage

Cons: - Engine, tranny, radiator, front support removed - Engine and tranny will be included w/ the sale depending on the time I have to dig them out of my storage - Has not moved under its own power in 8+ years - Several 1.8 and 1.6L engine, CIS parts as well as an aba shortblock will be included providing that I can pull them from storage.

I need to have the car removed from the property by 8/27. I'm working on an alternate storage location, but for now let's assume that there isnt one.

Pics will be included tomorrow.

mightymike
mightymike Reader
8/25/15 6:59 p.m.

Where in NC?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/25/15 9:08 p.m.

His profile says Garner, which is south of Raleigh

mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
8/26/15 12:36 p.m.

Sorry for the delay. Its been crazy at work. I grabbed these as I was running out the door this am. Let me know if you want better ones or more specific shots....

The car is located in Garner, NC.

Please PM for specifics....

Having trouble getting the link to work. Email me and I can send pics.

Price dropped to $400

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zRUk3QRIg2quDtGZTtSX8DHQ4yy7WBHbMLSlbDBRGgOLnlQnBzHvUZRaiJogBGjC