Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
7/20/10 2:25 p.m.

My 745 has been eating turbos, vomiting some fluids, and the blower motor blows a fuse if you turn it above 2. Could be just a flame trap, I don't know... Eh, you guys know these cars. I don't need to guess on what the cause might be. Anyway, it has a 16T on it now that has a touch of shaft play and it spits coolant out the exhaust. It runs and drives, just not well, and it looks like James Bond smoke-screening the bad guys behind him.

One-season old Hankook Winter iPikes on Dracos; 4 speed + OD that works (the "5" light on the dash doesn't, but the overdrive works great) NO RUST. I mean, really, no rust. This was a GA car for a long time and I haven't seen a 7 as solid as this one in Chicago. Owie on the hood. PO says it was a scrape on a not-open-all-the-way garage door. Headliner is sagging. Cloth interior is in good shape. Seats aren't torn. No 3rd row seat. Full size spare. IPD sport springs. Stock everything else.

One of you guys will give this car the love it needs. Of all the cars in the fleet this is the one I happen to enjoy the least, so I haven't fixed it all up.

Oh, and it has the stock steering wheel back on it now.

$700 or trade...

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/20/10 2:41 p.m.

I don't think I have anything to trade that actually runs (to make it to Chicago)...nor to I have anywhere near $700 to spend on it . It could be the perfect compliment to my turbowagon though.

Any need for a pair of old rear drive Corolla's, an Aluminum runabout boat, an old basket-case-that's-still-rusted-together Honda CL360, or a '77 Chevy Shortbed rattruck? (I'm mostly joking, but if you have any interest...)

Clem

splitime
splitime Reader
7/20/10 2:47 p.m.

Oh... I wish I had space. I'd put this aside for a v8 swap later. I'm knee deep in big projects already though :(

Hurm... Crystal Lake eh... I suspect the wife would kill me if I brought another car home. Having one car running/not done and another that is just a roller... already pushed it :p

What types of trades are you open to btw?

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/20/10 3:10 p.m.

Damn, just outside of my range. I've been hunting these since I found one for 400$ on CL... and then dude sold it as I was on my way over there. Wife would kill me if I brought a half dead volvo back from Chicago.... (though it would offer me a place to store the sets of wheels I seem to collect)

Powar
Powar Dork
7/20/10 3:16 p.m.

Waiting for Junkyard_Dog to see this...

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
7/20/10 4:02 p.m.

JD and I already talked about it... I am not sure I would drive it all the way back to the Great White near-North.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
7/21/10 7:03 a.m.

Plus I just bought a $400 244 5 speed for no reason at all. Right before a $700 5 speed 245 showed up on CL. That ones all you Powar

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
7/22/10 7:34 p.m.

A bucket more photos right here:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 745 in the snow 2 745 in the snow

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
7/22/10 8:52 p.m.

Thats way nicer than my 745t was when I bought it and only $200 more than I paid. Plus its a good color, already has a 5-speed and doesn't need the roof rack holes plugged. Somebody needs to jump on this thing. There are several stock or upgraded turbos on turbobricks for $100-$200 right now.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
7/22/10 9:08 p.m.

Oh, and I don't know how I forgot this but I have the entire full service history from new. I am the second owner.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
7/25/10 3:48 p.m.

I cleaned the oil separator and flame trap and it runs great now, but it still puking oil so I am sure the turbo is blown. I guess I will just slap another turbo on and decide whether to keep it then.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
10/26/10 2:54 p.m.

It's a blown head gasket. 4 months later and I'm still in the, "I really need to order a new gasket set" phase. I don't know if I will ever get around to fixing it, so... bump.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke New Reader
10/27/10 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Lugnut: sent you a message

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/10 7:01 a.m.

I wish you were interested in a 66 Jeep for trade...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
10/28/10 7:30 a.m.

That would be so cool to own. You don't see those around here anymore.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NLERv4XjSndXC5O127AWHN7GzKd3tPLWSsQvAtX7KKtxsAtMn4zDT2qQmeoWlfEC