fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
12/26/12 8:48 p.m.

$2000, Location: 61802, IL

This is my car that I purchased several months ago. However, I am doing a study abroad semester in the spring and would like to offer it up to one of you. I don't want to deal with storage for 6mo.

When I bought it, I was told that the 4wd does not engage, the headliner was falling down in a couple places, and that the brakes needed some work. There is also a small dent above the passenger headlight bucket, its pretty negligible. I have fixed the brakes, new master cylinder and new booster, so it stops pretty well now. It runs well but it is loud, but thats a good thing, I think it is missing a muffler. I have not had the time to investigate why the 4wd does not engage, though it is often just a vacuum issue with these cars. The rest of the interior is in good condition.

Pictures are from previous seller, presumably taken in the summer. If I get serious responses I will find a way to take more pictures, I don't own a camera.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/26/12 9:09 p.m.

Awww. I'm horny now. Just needs a manual swap.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/26/12 9:19 p.m.

Yeah, wow. I would love to drop the diesel from my MB in that, but I think the IFS would get in the way. Man, that's clean too.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
12/26/12 9:20 p.m.

man that's sexy...and i've got an AX15, 231 transfer case, and disked and locked 8.25" hangin out in a shed waiting for something like this...

but i really cant with the 944 coming tomorrow

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
12/26/12 10:14 p.m.

I didn't know that they were still being made in '87! Thats cool, good luck.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
12/27/12 7:57 a.m.

My wagon was an '87 too, absolutely loved it.

Possibly vacuum related but mine lost the t-case shift fork, made from cast bubble gum, NP195 iirc. Watch the ball joints too.

I'd usually say wood grain ftw on a wagon but that color really pops on that wagon. Nice

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/12 9:08 a.m.

That would be golden today -- we've had a huge snow dump . . .

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
12/29/12 2:20 p.m.

bump

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
1/15/13 8:35 p.m.

$1500? Leaving next weekend

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d4KSCa75uMT3qKaSUT1iXIevuSTLOvnwtNT31ZJoKpw3i3bijHXY5exBOP86bHPO