m1sandman
m1sandman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/5/15 12:17 p.m.

Howdy all, My plans have changed unfortunately and I don't have time to finish the car in time to make the start line this year... I'm very disappointed but would love to see someone else finish up the car, and I'm going to be at the event come hell or (as lately) high water.

So I've got a 1987 Toyota Supra. 7MGE Engine is out and gone 1UZ V8 out of Lexus LS400 with a Toyota W58 transmission attached Stock lexus engine harness and ECU still attached Have SC400 oil pan and exhaust manifolds plus some other engine spares Have proper toyota pickup brake booster for this swap as well Have second W58 that came out of this car Burgundy Paint was sanded and prep started by PO -- will need more sanding and paint to look good Stock Interior is still in it (80's burgundy velour...yum!) I have a grey interior minus dash and front seats as well, plus lots of other little pieces from another car I picked clean. I'm in this for ~$1650 at this point but would love to see this car make it to the Challenge this year, so i'm thinking $1400 to anyone on this forum that wants to give it a try. To get it running, its going to need engine mounts fabricated (well documented on the internet, I'll provide all the links I've collected as well), the wiring harness adapter built (again, well documented, but will need a couple of connectors to complete), and an exhaust built.

I can send pictures... once I figure out where I can stash them on the web, i'll upload here as well.

Email me: steve (at) swiger (dot) com or text (813) 78Five-NinetyNine35

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/6/15 9:53 a.m.

My wife would shoot me if I brought home another car. Do you need help finishing? Would more hands help get it done? I'm local and there are a couple of other guys that could help get this thing to the Challenge.

m1sandman
8/6/15 4:12 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

I wish hands were all it would take... I really need the space, and time to manage the project (much less wrench on it). However, why don't you guys get together and take it off my hands? :)

If nothing else, we should all get together and have a beer or something, would be great to meet some forum locals!

m1sandman
8/6/15 4:33 p.m.

Here are some pictures:

m1sandman
8/6/15 9:41 p.m.

@hobiercr, you are right... I'm not gonna sell it, but I'm going to have to mothball it for a while... If you guys would like to wrench on it with me, send me an email or a text!

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/7/15 8:42 a.m.

Good call. (says the guy with a car project "problem"). I just sold my '88 Supra Turbo to another GRM'r who was going to swap the drivetrain into something else but I think he moved it along too. I just want the transmission back.

Will send you a PM so we can connect off the boards.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PYBxN4XthVCoTfFyO6LzG9pPbEv5erqbIGgTuoI1DGOnOfZ8ThLdlrHmqtMhEgVT