vdubinsd
vdubinsd New Reader
3/30/11 8:21 a.m.

Body is 90% straight (couple pressure dents in hood from people pushing on it to close and one ding on rear trunk edge) paint nice for age original color matched wheels

Inside leather is getting dry and cracking (passenger seat bottom worst) headliner is jacked up some loose edges on door panels, etc-but no cracks in dash has new cd mp3 player pionerr dash speakers and og bose speakers in back all windows work sunroof works door locks need vac pump but all electrical tested ok

Has a bad "spot" when warming up-high idle cold works but seems to turn off too early and car idles low and will stall until warmed up-once warm runs fine. No cat converter just test pipe but it passed Texas emissions in 09 find a blind smog guy it might pass....aux water pump was inop since I bought it but started leaking so I bypassed it

Comes with all 3 Bentley manuals (very helpful...) and originoal bose head unit (mmight work might not)

Fun car sticks like no tomorrow suspension tight great freeway cruiser bought the wife a car with auto and a/c which is what she wanted

no place to park it its gotta go

integraguy
integraguy Dork
3/30/11 2:42 p.m.

I found one of these for sale on a CL near me (I forget which city) with auto....apparently 99% had auto? And while I am interested in these cars, I have to wonder how difficult they are to keep running.

vdubinsd
vdubinsd New Reader
3/31/11 9:17 p.m.

It isnt as bad as people make it out to be, it is just a slightly more complex but much better driving old vw.........I got it because I liked (and knew how rare) manuals are in these cars

too exciting for the wife not quite exciting enough for me (just too big)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4tN62lgfcig81v0d4GWCIJ3X33mAxy0R1TYVfCDWe8nevrv08TJMDHthfZtPLpr2