chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/14/15 10:48 a.m.

**I specifically remember thinking "Hey, don't I hate it when people don't put location? Better make sure I put my location. I forgot to put my location, didn't I? Am I still thinking of this thought from before? Must be, the quotes didnt' end yet." Sorry, I'm located in Minnesota.

Hey everyone, I figured a project car of mine may appeal to the challenge car seeking crowd. I've a 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS, with 1.6l Turbo, awd, and lotus tuned suspension. Its white, runs and drives, though needs work, so much so I can't manage it all myself anymore with my busy schedule. The clutch is weak on this car, the paint is rough (someone poorly resprayed it in the past), and all together the car is in rough condition on the exterior. There is rocker rust on the passenger side footwell, which should be cut out and patched. 141,000 on the ODO for this car. One of the rear windows, between the driver's window and hatch, had been removed for repair, and poor quality adhesive was used to reinstall, so this should be redone as well. Among other things I may be forgetting, the hood bracing has seperated from the sheet metal, so it flexes. I was going to weld this back together, but not until I was ready to paint, which I haven't gotten to yet.

On the plus side, I have spare rear strut housings, spare rear wheel bearings, a spare turbo upgrade, spare new injectors, a factory service manual, and a variety of other parts to go with it. The interior is also very clean, except the dash, which is cracked. Its a pretty cool, fun car honestly, just not really destined to be collectible and not easy to find in good shape.

For a challenge car, you get the 1.6l turbo, awd with a bit of rear bias, and a fairly light weight. Anyone interested can message me here. Any comments on this car and my ownership of it are welcome, too.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wKunfkKhwSc/T44hACiXLEI/AAAAAAAAACs/mbXbC3KpPyU/w886-h593/2012-04-17

This second photo is not my car, come to think of it, oops! Time for updated photos...: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WOV5cqR3NJQ/T44M0ogeuQI/AAAAAAAAABw/x2LUsoV2Zgc/w346-h232/2012-04-17

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/14/15 10:55 a.m.

please be located far far away from Maryland

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/15 11:30 a.m.
chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/14/15 11:44 a.m.

"Just 800 were built for 1991 -- 600 for the U.S. and 200 for Canada -- and two more found their way to North America the year after. Of those, Barrera says 130 are still known to exist" Those numbers are often suspect, though how can Wikipedia lie? Its rare, but not always as rare as you may think.

Thanks for the read. I've always loved these things, but my job has gotten the better of me, as has my Significant other, and time rarely is devoted to the RS now. Oh, how it always goes. Eventually, having every car you own as a "fun car" is a bad idea. I tried driving a corolla for 2 years, and canned it. Now I'm modding my DDs again and its always a slippery slope..

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/14/15 1:25 p.m.

Always been a bucket list car, or at least a really fun one to own. Too far away, and bad timing with getting ready to move.

IIRC the ford 2.3 turbo motor turbochargers are a direct bolt on, and flow a bit more than the tiny stock one. Been out of the Isuzu game for a LLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGG time.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
1/14/15 1:59 p.m.

GLWS

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
1/14/15 7:41 p.m.

Not for tall people - I sat in one when they first came out. I was looking down to see out the side window!

chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/15/15 3:04 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Always been a bucket list car, or at least a really fun one to own. Too far away, and bad timing with getting ready to move. IIRC the ford 2.3 turbo motor turbochargers are a direct bolt on, and flow a bit more than the tiny stock one. Been out of the Isuzu game for a LLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGG time.

Has to be the right year T-bird, some used IHI (correct one) some used Garrett (no so much).

Nobody is interested in a bizarre labor of love yet? I'll post more photos when I'm able as well.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/15/15 6:18 a.m.

Much love, no space for "just one more car" in the rotation.

GLWS, more pics could not hurt.

Paul

TMo
TMo New Reader
1/16/15 11:14 p.m.

If it was less than 500 miles away, I would buy this without question...

chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/17/15 3:17 a.m.
TMo wrote: If it was less than 500 miles away, I would buy this without question...

You must be on the coast? How far are you?

TMo
TMo New Reader
1/17/15 5:20 a.m.

Sadly, It's about 1300 miles from here to there.

That's probably a good thing, my wife is ready to kill me already after buying another project this week...

chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/24/15 12:23 p.m.

Well, still kicking around the idea of selling this, anyone interested, let me know. I'm going to spend a few days sorting it out better. Hopefully, I get frustrated and still want to sell the car. Maybe I'll fall back in like with it, and rekindle the love/hate thing. One nice point to note, for those parts not going out of production, they are very, very cheap. Like new door handles for a couple bucks new from gm, trim panels, interior door clips, or sets of carpet, etc. Check it out on GMpartsdirect. Crazy stuff.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/30/15 8:37 p.m.

STOP THAT!

But you could post more pics

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/30/15 8:54 p.m.

STOP THAT!

But you could post more pics

chance91
chance91 New Reader
1/31/15 3:28 a.m.

Unfortuantely I'm now away for a month. I'll take photos when I'm back. I'm working, then taking a much needed vacation because I'll have worked every day Jan 4-Feb 16th. But, there is always this! Mine's white. Google image search!

NoLuckNoah
NoLuckNoah
3/16/15 10:45 p.m.

Is this still for sale??

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/15 8:41 p.m.

PM sent.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vbxUovksZdBleho6P6yUAczXYNqklKbgZ7TI1gJnStB3FXPvezuI9ohjn9a7kUCK