Trevon
Trevon New Reader
12/18/13 2:42 p.m.

This seems like a pretty great deal to me (even with the cracked head). Fix up that head and strip the interior and you got a fun car. NMNA Car is on indianapolis craigslist. Click here for the link.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/18/13 4:36 p.m.

That crazy turbo setup is probably worth the cost of the car...never seen one before, though I wouldn't want to be the guy turning wrenches on it! Those S-class cars are problematic enough without boost.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/18/13 5:23 p.m.

I wanna know who had that beast built. TT and nitrous? That's a Lotta hooch.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/18/13 8:20 p.m.

Comes with crack head at no extra charge!

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
12/19/13 9:11 a.m.

man I would like to have it, but I think a relatively modern german car ran into the ground, with crazy performance mods, might finally cause my head to explode.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/19/13 9:16 a.m.

Does anyone know anything about this setup?

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/19/13 9:35 a.m.

I did 4 seconds of google-fu, apparently Mosselman Turbo is a thing- they appear to do stuff for Germans, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/19/13 9:41 a.m.

I found a couple installs. Looks like an utter nightmare. Was advertised to give 310hp out of the box, though. Used some pretty awful knobs for "tuning."

Those that seemed to want to improve on the "knobs tuning system" didn't seem to know what they were doing. Blown headgaskets and melted pistons everywhere.

That said, the kit is supposed to be quite rare at this point, and would probably be worth the cost of admission alone. Depending on the paycheck tomorrow, i may pick it up to strip the turbo kit off of it and crush the car.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/19/13 9:44 a.m.

The wheels might be worth a few bucks, too.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/19/13 10:16 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

As they appear to be AMG wheels, they're probably worth more than the asking price.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
12/19/13 10:28 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I found a couple installs. Looks like an utter nightmare. Was advertised to give 310hp out of the box, though. Used some pretty awful knobs for "tuning." Those that seemed to want to improve on the "knobs tuning system" didn't seem to know what they were doing. Blown headgaskets and melted pistons everywhere. That said, the kit is supposed to be quite rare at this point, and would probably be worth the cost of admission alone. Depending on the paycheck tomorrow, i may pick it up to strip the turbo kit off of it and crush the car.

I'd be interested in some of the nitrous parts if you do pick it up.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
12/19/13 11:40 a.m.

I rather like that. The car doesn't seem to be in too bad of shape, some miles on it. I wonder what boost happy player owned it?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/19/13 12:16 p.m.

so...was that 310 additional horsepower, or just raised to 310 total? One of those is impressive, while one is not.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/19/13 12:25 p.m.

Looks like 310 total. This thing only started out with 170-something.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/13 12:31 p.m.

That's a lot of hardware, mayhem, turbos, and stress for 310hp...

cdowd
cdowd Reader
12/19/13 12:55 p.m.

especially when they could have bought a 500sel and not had to do anything. I am sure there is money to be made on a part out though.

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
12/19/13 2:36 p.m.

It all really depends on whether the kit is complete or not. If the fueling part of the kit is not available it is worth not nearly as much. The M103/104 can take all the boost that you throw at it. These straight 6 merc engines were the blueprints for Supra engines. There is a tuner in Sweden who sells complete kits that range from 400-1000 hp for these engines.

The car has been advertised before and is not in a good part of town. I would grab it in heartbeat if I was closer- strip the turbo bits and throw them on a good working w124. If anyone grabs the car please let me know. I have taken a twin turbo m103 coupe for a spin and it was quite fun. The car I drove could have used much better tuning though as the power delivery was similar to a 80s Saab 900t.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
12/19/13 3:14 p.m.

Somebody grab that, keep the interior and the turbo kit, and then find a cheap runner with trashed interior.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
12/19/13 5:57 p.m.

I actually want that for parts to turbo my 300te!

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
12/21/13 10:18 p.m.

If those wheels are at least 17" and staggered, they would be desirable. Otherwise.......

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/21/13 10:22 p.m.
nhmercracer wrote: If those wheels are at least 17" and staggered, they would be desirable. Otherwise.......

VW crowd would fight over a set of AMG hammers like those, no question.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
12/22/13 5:49 p.m.

Hope one of you got it.

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
12/23/13 5:08 p.m.

Who bought this badboy?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FXsaT8hiBXpohP2XHkEwXaAnvHPogOEM0FNHOCTeE21GW8WxUwVgrJh8Z2ck1eoP