RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/4/13 11:11 a.m.

Sold.

Great winter/junk hauler. Runs strong. Inspected. Snow tires. Lots of cargo space and 25+ mpg. Good ol' double wishbone suspension is still fun to toss around. Shifts well. Remarkably precise clutch engagement/feel, easy to teach people to drive stick

We put 55k miles on it in a year and a half and then kept it around as a winter car/tire hauler for the last 2 years. Not pretty, and needs some little things since I stopped spending money on it except fluid changes. Always reliable. I have a bottom line of 800 if anyone here wants it.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/4228084459.html

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
12/4/13 1:01 p.m.

These are such great cars. How bad is the rust?

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
12/4/13 1:10 p.m.

Hi, i live in PA would you deliver for $800 plus gas money?

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/4/13 1:33 p.m.

Depends where in PA, but probably not. I don't have a lot of time lately with a new baby in the house and coordinating a ride home would be tricky.

Rust: Left rear wheel well just starting to bubble. Right rear wheel well 6" x 2" hole filled with epoxy, sheet steel and 'liquid metal'. It looks as bad as it sounds. On both sides the dogleg/sheet metal between the rear door and the wheel well is pretty rusty, but only the lower 2" or less. Doors are fine. Body under doors is fine. Underside/frame is fine. Just those two areas where salt sits are bad. I'll grab some real pics tonight.

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
12/4/13 2:50 p.m.

Damn...you're like 20 minutes from me (I'm in East Greenville/Barto...12 miles south of Allentown). 5 speed wagon, love it. Perfect beater....must resist.

Hey David, if you're serious...

Edit: Oh, and if nobody offers you anything for the Alfa engine, let me know before you throw it out.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
12/4/13 5:37 p.m.

Crap, now I HAVE to find Legend alloys for my '95 wagon.

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/4/13 10:04 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: Damn...you're like 20 minutes from me (I'm in East Greenville/Barto...12 miles south of Allentown). 5 speed wagon, love it. Perfect beater....must resist.

I'm out there fairly often, usually in a Mariner Blue Miata.

Rust:

(Other side dogleg is the same)

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/10/13 9:21 p.m.

Bump. So far two (non-spam) craigslist people failed to show up to see it. Sigh.

Edit: Oh, and I just received an email offering to trade me this absolute beast of a trailer.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/11/13 7:30 a.m.

Damn Mike... why do you post cars like this literally right after I buy something else... If I knew about this a few weeks ago...

I wonder if Rob would turn it into a LeMons car...

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/11/13 10:19 a.m.

You could just ask me if I am selling any junkers in the near future. We've been planning to replace this since 2012. But it just kept running so I just kept driving it.

I think Rob has enough cars at the moment. I also figured running/driving/inspected was worth more than a lemons team would pay but apparently not.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/11/13 10:54 a.m.

It's ok. I'm almost tempted... but I really don't have room for 6 cars (I barely have room for 5 - and that's with one in the back yard under a cover).

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/11/13 12:21 p.m.

As near as I can tell you have ALWAYS:

-just bought a car

-wish you could buy mine [Integra, Golf, Alfa, Miata(both of them, right?), this...]

-have too many cars anyway

What you need to buy is this: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/off/4225127051.html

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/11/13 1:06 p.m.
RedGT wrote: As near as I can tell you have ALWAYS: -just bought a car -wish you could buy mine [Integra, Golf, Alfa, Miata(both of them, right?), this...] -have too many cars anyway

Sure seems that way, doesn't it... My timing is great...

What you need to buy is this: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/off/4225127051.html

Yes... yes I do... except for two things:

1. I work in Somerset, NJ, which is about 90 miles away from Pottstown... My current 48 mile (each way) commute is bad enough.

2. I'm not sure I could afford to pay commercial property taxes... And it's been well documented I lose money playing with cars, not the other way around.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/11/13 1:08 p.m.

Of course, the car I really kick myself about is Bombard's GTI...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EQQRfMGITlfr70xbIFYzDVh58Axt3YkkyXBcNf6RFIZdaKMrkYddNTNUzGxyCJzN