Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/16 8:18 a.m.

Not mine, etc...

Here's why I'm posting this ad: I should know better to get involved with this car, but at this price, I could test the waters of V70R ownership at a survivable buy-in point. It would be easy to walk away from at any time, and there's certainly more than $1000 worth of parts here. I even know where these photos were taken. I have some stuff that I need to do around here this morning. Save me from myself and buy this thing before I can get down there this afternoon.

Also note that it says "Salvage Condition" but also lists the title as clean.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5597718820.html

The Volvo V70 R is an executive car manufactured and marketed by Volvo as an all-wheel drive high-performance model. [ I heard there were only 1000 made ]. It had the biggest engine in the series & all the luxury options. It is a great car & fun to drive. This V70 was running fine even though it has over 200,000 miles . The engine is strong & the transmission was good but the suspension, after so many New England winters has taken its toll re rust etc. I was driving it last week when I heard a noise which I believe is a tie rod starting to make a scraping noise. A mechanic friend advised me against driving it very much. It still has many good parts [ ie. tires, premium wheels, engine, trans., doors (tho some windows inoperable), interior good, overall body good, etc,]. I belive it has value for a Mechanic's special or parts car. $550 or B.O.

(475) 777-8187

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
5/22/16 8:32 a.m.

Do it!!!!!!!

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/16 8:59 a.m.

He had better be on his way to go pick that thing up!

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
5/22/16 10:22 a.m.

That's a no brainer. Just do it.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/22/16 11:20 a.m.

Oh Wow! Go buy it already!

Woody
5/22/16 2:02 p.m.

Well, I went and looked but never even made an offer. I think that this car is just about used up. Also, many cartons of cigarettes had been smoked inside.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
5/23/16 9:27 p.m.
Woody wrote: Well, I went and looked but never even made an offer. I think that this car is just about used up. Also, many cartons of cigarettes had been smoked inside.

Not surprising....

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
5/24/16 7:11 a.m.

The bumpersticker told me run!

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
5/24/16 7:26 a.m.
TiggerWelder wrote: The bumpersticker told me run!

Funny, the bumper sticker says buy. Now a trump sticker would say cheap ass.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/16 12:53 p.m.
markwemple wrote:

Screams college kid hand-me-down to me. Having previously owned a turbo white block Volvo (that I paid exactly $549 less than his asking price for) for much of my college career, I would not buy.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/25/16 1:11 p.m.
markwemple wrote:

IME, ANY political bumper sticker indicates that someone's more interested in espousing unsolicited opinions than maintaining their vehicle to a high standard. All they do is mess up your paint and make you a potential road rage target.

Woody
5/25/16 1:53 p.m.
Furious_E wrote:
markwemple wrote:
Screams college kid hand-me-down to me. Having previously owned a turbo white block Volvo (that I paid exactly $549 less than his asking price for) for much of my college career, I would not buy.

Nope. Mid-50s yacht club stoner type.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g63vj7fHc2XunIKwLQTWGHI13JKtxnDd3aTW5TDLmUsPk60nR8NqAUxHgJwivWEP