Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/20 3:51 p.m.

Groovy. Thanks.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/20 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but have you considered letting the teams pay for having their decals mailed to them prior to the event? 

It would be more exposure for the sponsors, since most teams either drive their entry or tow on an open trailer, and the application would probably look much better vs. doing it in the hotel parking lot in the dark. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/10/20 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Oh I like this.  Almost like the Great Race with everyone ending up in Gainesville.

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/20 12:16 p.m.

In the immortal words of the great Maxwell Smart. Missed it by that much. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/18/20 12:28 p.m.

I'd pay to receive my stickers early.   I'd find that very useful.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/18/20 12:33 p.m.

Let me see what I can do there. In the past it's been exceedingly challenging getting sponsor decals more than a few days before the event, but now that we print them ourselves it might be do-able.

Tom Suddard
6/18/20 1:05 p.m.

Done. You'll now see an option to pay an additional $10 and have your decals mailed to you.

If you've already registered, you should be able to login to MSR and add that option.

Lof8 - Andy
6/18/20 1:37 p.m.

Sweet!  Thanks!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/20 1:45 p.m.

Awesome, thanks Tom! As soon as I confirm my car actually runs/drives/turns/stops without any colossal failures I'll be signing up!!!

Lof8 - Andy
6/18/20 1:46 p.m.

3-digit numbers are no good?  Or is it possible?  Motorsport reg is only letting me choose from 0-99

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/18/20 1:50 p.m.

Just realized that my next two cars will have the four wheels at the very corners of the car.  I can put them anywhere as long as the number is behind the sponsors.

Tom Suddard
6/18/20 2:43 p.m.

Sorry, no 3-digit numbers. Just creates extra work for timing & scoring/corner workers. 

Lof8 - Andy
6/18/20 3:10 p.m.

Just in case that General Tire Challenge returns, looks like I'm the 10th entry ;)   (CRC Challenge?)

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/27/20 8:04 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Done. You'll now see an option to pay an additional $10 and have your decals mailed to you.

If you've already registered, you should be able to login to MSR and add that option.

This is awesome!!! Thanks, Tom!!!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/20 3:04 p.m.

Ooh, I really like being able to get the decals early- it will make traveling down to the Challenge a bit more fun (and mean less rushing at the event trying to figure out how to put on the decals and panels).

Also glad to see that we can put the small number panel on the decklid since it would likely make it impossible to see out the back window of the E46 convertible (that and I expect I'll have the top down most of the time, excepting I believe having to have it up for the drags).

Lof8 - Andy
8/2/20 2:46 p.m.

Tom, any idea when these early decals will get shipped out?  They'd be useful for local autox stuff!

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/13/20 12:50 p.m.

I really need to sit down and go over my budget. Once that is done I'll be officially signing up and you bet I'll find $10 somewhere so I can drive out in a legit stickered up and numbered racecar. Woot!

Lof8 - Andy
9/4/20 7:35 a.m.

Any info on when these early decals will ship out?

buildinwithlegos
buildinwithlegos New Reader
10/15/20 11:58 a.m.

Any word on if the decals have been shipped as of yet? No mention of them in the latest update email.

Thanks. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/15/20 12:09 p.m.
ojannen
ojannen Reader
10/16/20 12:48 p.m.

Is there any flexibility on the windshield banner location.  I wasn't expecting the background to be white.  It is going to lead to some vision problems for me due to my height: 

Here is how I have dealt with it in the past but I don't think it will work for the challenge banner: 

Tom Suddard
10/18/20 11:30 a.m.

Email me (tom@grassrootsmotorsports.com) for an official exemption due to a lack of necessary bodywork; without an exemption there's no flexibility and you'll get the 10 point concours score deduction. If it will work for you, I'll ask you to put it along the base of the windshield or else across the leading edge of the hood.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aE5fRtdLOQe6VnlHdD9qXxDXfM2E6zzK61cqJs3BI4TG0ByzGFBaim1IIlYcRQ8D