1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
2/4/19 12:24 p.m.

I’m getting an old Mazda 626 up and running for a relative.  If he can’t come through with the money for it, I may have a new rallycross beater/road rally car/Gastropod for this year.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/19 9:37 a.m.

Stampie Rule Invoked - 300tw Tire Offering

Gastropods, I find myself no longer needing my nearly-new but super-cheap set of Riken Raptor ZR 300TW tires for the 2019 Challenge. I used them for the 2018 Challenge on my Datsun wagon. They were surprisingly grippy! I now only use them as driveway rollers and towing on a dolly. I have to bring them to the 2019 Challenge anyway, since I'll be dolly-towing my entry there.

225/45R17

17x7 Infiniti wheels 5x114.3 (5x4.5") 66.1 hub bore diameter. Check here to see if they'll work for you

If you're bringing a Gastropod, but you don't want to buy 300TW specifically for the Challenge (for example if it already came with decent street tires) you may borrow my set and add the cost to your budget. Let me know if this goes against the spirit of the Gastropod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/11/19 7:52 a.m.

FMV question- my 318ti has been for sale on and off for months. As seen here on the forum.  Can I assign FMV based on the market not snatching it up at a given price?  Or am I out of luck since I paid over $2k for it years ago and then spent a bunch on parts over that time period?

stroker
stroker UltraDork
2/11/19 8:38 a.m.
bobzilla said:
Patrick said:

Friendly warning:

don’t ever challenge me to a taco eating contest 

You have been officially challenged. Do I need to bring a glove to slap you in the face with or does this suffice?

Or you could fart in his general direction.

Just a thought.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 9:05 a.m.

can we get a sticky post with the "official" gastropod rules/sub-rules?   This thread is already 20 pages and there's no way i can stomach reading another epic-length challenge rule / budget thread.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/11/19 9:06 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Mileage amortization? I find this realevent as I think I am coming down with my X1/9. Probably $3000.00 in it, but driven 72k miles in 14 years. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/11/19 9:26 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

can we get a sticky post with the "official" gastropod rules/sub-rules?   This thread is already 20 pages and there's no way i can stomach reading another epic-length challenge rule / budget thread.

mazdeuce had been editing the first post to update the rules... I'm pretty sure it's all in there?

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/11/19 10:23 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

FMV question- my 318ti has been for sale on and off for months. As seen here on the forum.  Can I assign FMV based on the market not snatching it up at a given price?  Or am I out of luck since I paid over $2k for it years ago and then spent a bunch on parts over that time period?

I think that's fair. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/11/19 10:24 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I think that's fair. 

Worst case, sell it to your wife for $1600 and then buy it from her for $1600. I doubt anyone is going to give you too much trouble for that. 

chinman
chinman New Reader
2/13/19 2:57 p.m.

I'm looking for a better car but if I can't find one I'll probably take my wife's daily-driver MINI.  It was $1,200 and we bought it 9,000 miles ago.  I like the car but I hate the lack of torque!  It could have something to do with 245,000 miles.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/13/19 3:58 p.m.

In reply to chinman :

I remember getting my ass handed to me by a base Mini when they came out in....2001? I was driving H Stock on street tires and he showed up in a new car on Hoosiers and beat me by 8 seconds. 

We'll be glad to have you along!

keithedwards
keithedwards New Reader
2/14/19 8:39 a.m.

In reply to chinman :

Competing last year with my red base 2003 MINI was lots of fun. It has 216k miles. You should have lots of fun with your wife's MINI.

My wife and I also have a red 2004 Cooper and a green 2003 (just turned 200k).

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/16/19 12:19 a.m.
stroker said:
bobzilla said:
Patrick said:

Friendly warning:

You have been officially challenged. Do I need to bring a glove to slap you in the face with or does this suffice?

Just a thought.

Do the French eat tacos? Soft or crunchy? smiley

sleepyhead
2/16/19 6:11 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:
stroker said:
bobzilla said:
Patrick said:

Friendly warning:

Just a thought.

Do the French eat tacos? Soft or crunchy? smiley

I think that depends on your food philosophical outlook on where "crepes" fall on the biscuit-muffin-tortilla continuum

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/18/19 12:41 a.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/18/19 12:43 a.m.

meh? NMNA. smiley

$500.  Needs an engine.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/18/19 12:46 a.m.
Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/18/19 8:47 a.m.

Anybody still looking for a Gastropod or two? Comes with parts!

1997 BMW 740i
1993 BMW 318is

I'll post the FS ads when I get home tonight.

Edit:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/come-get-a-gastropod/150938/page1/

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
2/18/19 11:27 a.m.

I know where there's a MINI CooperS for a $2K asking price. Knock a few hundred off and you have a pretty good Challenge/Gastropod entry.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/18/19 10:15 p.m.

Potential GPod winner for sale:  NMSA.  I know the seller and we mostly talk RC planes.  If you want to win the gpod 1/4 mile and have money for concourse and suffer in the autoX this is your ride.  

If you want to buy my 94 GT cam entry, I will pocket some more cash and go GPod.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70737

stroker
stroker UltraDork
2/19/19 8:21 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

He's now claiming he's going to use that Pontiac for target practice.. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/19 6:55 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

He’d sell.  His RC habit costs.  

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
2/24/19 8:45 a.m.

Posting here so I keep seeing notifications and remain motivated. I stumbled upon a perfect gastropod contender last week and picked it up yesterday!

This ad:

Wound up yielding this car for $300 which needs a bit of transmission work but seems otherwise to be in operating condition:

The seller also showed me some wheels picked up for this car that never got used, one had a slight crack but still held air, an extra $50 later and these came home as well:

Hope to see you all in FL this fall!

sleepyhead
2/24/19 9:53 a.m.

this is going to be a good year to be at challenge, I suspect

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/19 10:35 a.m.

In reply to klodkrawler05 :

You interested in selling those rims?  Sizes, dimensions, price?

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bwQkP4qFbfhIAMy01HrN9TpPrnYmeT4iaewB9nI0zVawvp0cjkQq3KeJQQ370Wu9