slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/25/19 10:23 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Very fun. laugh

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/25/19 11:23 a.m.

Anyone at the track with the ability to mount tires? I realize it's kinda late but I wondered if I could get my two 300tw free tires put on to give me more front grip.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/25/19 11:26 a.m.

GT kids might have a tire machine. I'd ask. 

mazdeuce - Seth
10/25/19 11:48 a.m.

We're getting close to being done with the turny bit of the weekend, I'm watching live timing, but which one of you is closest to the top?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/19 12:04 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to slowbird :

Doesn't matter. Was it fun? That is your metric of success.

This!

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/19 12:26 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We're getting close to being done with the turny bit of the weekend, I'm watching live timing, but which one of you is closest to the top?

Where is the live timing??? I've been climbing my office walls with the lack of updates.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/25/19 12:54 p.m.
bluej said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Where is the live timing??? I've been climbing my office walls with the lack of updates.

This is as close as you'll get

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/19 12:57 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
bluej said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

This is as close as you'll get

oooo! thanks!

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/25/19 1:18 p.m.

I'm not last! laugh

When's that taco run again, did I miss it?

mazdeuce - Seth
10/26/19 7:54 a.m.

I hope everyone had a good first day at the Challenge. Anyone blow up? Who's presenting and who's taking a 12? Who is in the lead right now? 

Since I'm not there, could you guys attempt to capture pictures of all the Gastropods with their cars in Concourse? 

Also, there should be a roundup/rules discussion if it can be managed. Make John Welsh run it? Pete Gossett? What are your concerns and what do you want to see changed? Worth doing it again as a class?

Best of luck to everyone today and remember to enjoy the company of the group around you. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/26/19 10:52 a.m.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/26/19 2:00 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Well played. 

Now we just need to figure out who won this thing. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/26/19 3:06 p.m.

The gastropods were incredibly well received this year. I would love to see this tradition continue and some fashion and gained prominence. What I would love to see even more is the continuation of the taco bar for charity every year on Concourse day. I think that brought a tear to my eye more than anything else other than the gastropod guys bringing their kids with them.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/26/19 3:31 p.m.

Extrapolating from what Tom said at the town hall, the separate rules of gastropod necessitated it being semi-unofficial, so to speak, and will likely remain so going forward. That said, I don't see a problem with that arrangement. I had a lot of fun with my street-legal snail.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/26/19 4:50 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Thanks for being you and helping to support this. I do want to do it again. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/26/19 4:58 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

The gastropods were incredibly well received this year. I would love to see this tradition continue and some fashion and gained prominence. What I would love to see even more is the continuation of the taco bar for charity every year on Concourse day. I think that brought a tear to my eye more than anything else other than the gastropod guys bringing their kids with them.

I didn't even know we were doing it for charity. I was doing it for tacos. 

Circuit_Motorsports
Circuit_Motorsports New Reader
10/27/19 10:20 a.m.

There was a great turnout for the event in general and a really good showing for Gastropods. We met some really nice folks out there and we even got a neat little snail sticker. Our Daily Driver Sentra came out as the winner, but it was a super close race between some of you guys.  Great showing, congrats to those who placed, and good job for a fun little side-event at the GRM Challenge Seth!

johnnyrobbin
johnnyrobbin New Reader
10/27/19 11:39 a.m.

Seth,

We all hope you do it again, perhaps in person !!!

I was asked to send you your award plaque and a special surprise prize. As Patrick

also had something to send to you we combined the items for him to forward to you.

After you receive the special prise if you email me I will fill you in on the back-story.

johnb7765 at the yahoo place.

Get well and we are all looking forward to next year !!!

John (aka johnnyrobbin)

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/27/19 1:12 p.m.

In reply to johnnyrobbin :

btw thanks for the tires. I didn't get a chance to say thanks in person.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
10/27/19 1:29 p.m.

Sorry a bit late to this, but we broke the motor on last run of autocross, I think dropped a valve but we shall see after engine disassembly. We did make a 20 second drag pass on 3 or 4 cylinders, and scored an 18.6 in concourse to get the high school class win! The boys were very excited.

Do you have a listing of gastropod rankings? I would like to see were everyone ended up. We had a great time and everyone was very helpful. Looking forward to next year.

johnnyrobbin
johnnyrobbin New Reader
10/27/19 1:40 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

You are welcome.......your car looked great, lots of good comments !!!

mazdeuce - Seth
10/28/19 10:17 a.m.
Circuit_Motorsports said:

There was a great turnout for the event in general and a really good showing for Gastropods. We met some really nice folks out there and we even got a neat little snail sticker. Our Daily Driver Sentra came out as the winner, but it was a super close race between some of you guys.  Great showing, congrats to those who placed, and good job for a fun little side-event at the GRM Challenge Seth!

Thanks so very much for being in class and beating the Jags so we don't have to hear about how great they are for the whole next year. laugh

I'm sorry I couldn't be there, and sorry that I didn't finish the trophy. You earned it and you deserve the Golden Snail. I'm sending you a message right now, but if you don't get it, please email me at ttwo.elm at gmail dot com and I'll get you address to mail you the trophy and a special winners shirt. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/28/19 10:24 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Thanks so very much for being in class and beating the Jags so we don't have to hear about how great they are for the whole next year. laugh

Oh.  You're still going to hear about how great the Jaaags were for a LONG time. wink

Circuit_Motorsports
Circuit_Motorsports New Reader
10/28/19 11:54 a.m.

We were in very close contention with one of the Jags there, we were a little worried going into the concours - it was that close haha

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
10/28/19 1:59 p.m.

Is there a gastropod recap anywhere?  What cars ended up making it?  What were the 1/4 times like in them?

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0LLSF4P4sZiM5cpFKWIasZfj2Mukh5A4EZq0PzYMEdfsbSdgjZSWxHYJrJXZsZf