1 2
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/3/20 9:15 a.m.

Just to be clear, given everything that's going on (COVID), is it still happening this year? 

If so, there might be a strong possibility that I'll go. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/3/20 9:28 a.m.

Absolutely, it is still happening. We're still finalizing some COVID-era guidelines (I doubt we'll all be serving ourselves with shared spoons at the banquet, for example), but the event will happen. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/20 9:57 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Son of a berkeley.

we were 50/50, now given the current climate and using sciency bits and mathematically crunching numberisms and equationals with a variable of spread via Florida Man(FM²) i'd say we're closer to 98/2 not going to going ratio.  I'm currently at "not giving up my hotel reservation but also not making the challenge car a priority" stage and it makes me sad.  

Tom Suddard
6/3/20 9:59 a.m.

If it makes you feel better, we (the people running the event) fully believe in taking every precaution when it comes to COVID and keeping our attendees safe. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/3/20 10:01 a.m.

Come be part of team blurple Patrick. Were going to a party where a race breaks out. 

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/20 10:12 a.m.

Kinda related. I would like to show up and take pictures of the cars running.  Will I need a photo pass to do this? 

I'll share with the forum but there would be no commercial profit from the photos  (unless GRM magazine likes one! laugh)

It's primally practice for me. I've done very little tracking / panning photography.

Tom Suddard
6/3/20 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

Nope, you're free to just show up and shoot.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/20 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Awesome! Thanks.

I'll be sure and share what I get.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/20 10:19 a.m.

Totally get that and know you guys would do nothing less, and I appreciate your whole team.  Coming from 1000 miles away through 7 states just might not be the smartest thing for us at that time.  I hope things change by then, but at this point the entire year of 2020 can berkeley off

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/3/20 10:29 a.m.
yupididit said:

Just to be clear, given everything that's going on (COVID), is it still happening this year? 

The big question is are you going to make it this year or use some excuse like going overseas to serve our country again?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/3/20 10:46 a.m.

I'm still planning on organizing the Gastropods. My attendance will depend on a lot of factors, most of them family, and many of them not able to be sorted out yet because not everyone is as confident as GRM. I want this party to happen this fall. 

yupididit
6/3/20 1:13 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:
yupididit said:

The big question is are you going to make it this year or use some excuse like going overseas to serve our country again?

Lmao nope not deploying this year. My gf is around that time frame and if she leaves before the challenge then I'm going to try my best to attend. Barring any tdy's etc lol.  

In reply to yupididit :

You're welcome to come drive/break the DSM since I kinda stole it from you/saved you from it!

yupididit
6/3/20 1:47 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to yupididit :

You're welcome to come drive/break the DSM since I kinda stole it from you/saved you from it!

I love how you worded all of that. If the 924 isn't up to snuff then I may take you up on that. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/3/20 2:20 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I'll be there in a bone stock Gastropod that has a good shot at being a top 10 overall finish (and a contender for FTD autocross). 

Feel free to join- you are welcome to drive!

If you don't join the team, I still wanna but you a beer. 

yupididit said:
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to yupididit :

I love how you worded all of that. If the 924 isn't up to snuff then I may take you up on that. 

Even if you do have the 924 you're still welcome to. For that matter you're welcome to stay here if you want to split your drive into 2-days, and/or ride with me to Gainesville if your car isn't ready. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 3:02 p.m.

Hey, for those on the fence, unless I am in the physical act of moving due to buying a house (and my timelines are really murky due to the small but real chance of having a pacemaker put in in September) I'll be there. 

So in other words, if you hate me, there's an excuse. 

"Are we going to challenge? Nah, that berkeley mndsm is gonna be there. Screw that guy". 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/3/20 4:10 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Hey, for those on the fence, unless I am in the physical act of moving due to buying a house (and my timelines are really murky due to the small but real chance of having a pacemaker put in in September) I'll be there. 

So in other words, if you hate me, there's an excuse. 

"Are we going to challenge? Nah, that berkeley mndsm is gonna be there. Screw that guy". 

I'm coming specifically just to annoy you now. 

I might accidentally bring a car too.

Stampie (FS)
6/3/20 4:25 p.m.
yupididit said:
Stampie (FS) said:
yupididit said:

Lmao nope not deploying this year. My gf is around that time frame and if she leaves before the challenge then I'm going to try my best to attend. Barring any tdy's etc lol.  

Wording is important.  Are you scheduling a gf for around that time but want her out of your life before the Challenge?   I mean I can tell you how to get rid of a gf unless she's totally crazy.  Those you just have to enter the witness protection program.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
6/3/20 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Are you bringing a car this year?

Indy: Hes going to join team mopar groupie. Cause he can't get enough neon.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
6/3/20 5:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Dude. Did you make those? Cause i love project blurple!

Stampie (FS)
6/3/20 5:43 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Are you bringing a car this year?

Plan is 1926 Model T speedster with all 20 hp.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/20 5:43 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

but at this point the entire year of 2020 can berkeley off

He says now that I can't cough on him... ;)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uLsAT8IB6RCTLE8SBsiEEeHmonDDT3bkm7svx6VyOYGGFPvMWZh9aKKiOOmzjKT5