1 2 3
stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/2/10 9:36 a.m.

With the MR2 being from California originally and then used in Kentucky as an events car is it as rust-free as it looks?

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/2/10 10:15 a.m.

yeah, the only location there is any rust is the superficial lower front air damn, in the crinkles of the cone dents, and i have an extra one from the parts car (albeit RED) that would be a great replacement. the rear arches are perfect mint no rust, given that the front dents are all on replacable body panels that i have extra's of, if someone wanted to make her pretty again, she's ready.

the mr2 and the parts mr2, have both been sitting in a garage since i put them to sleep, so they haven't been exposed to the elements while they sit.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/2/10 11:42 a.m.

Noted, the E30 is high on my list. I'll probably lowball you an offer on Friday when I get paid.

stan
2/2/10 2:42 p.m.

...and the MR2 is high on my list.

I have this rubic's cube looking process going on in my mind right now trying to get the car to Ohio...

cghstang
cghstang Reader
2/2/10 5:01 p.m.

Let me know if I can be of assistance stan. My brain tells me not to pursue the MR2, but helping get it closer would ease the torment

Flynlow
Flynlow New Reader
2/2/10 5:20 p.m.

What kind of shape are the interior plastics in on the MR2? (including the frunk and trunk)

Would you have time this Friday or Saturday to show the car?

stan
2/3/10 6:09 a.m.
cghstang wrote: Let me know if I can be of assistance stan. My brain tells me not to pursue the MR2, but helping get it closer would ease the torment

Thanks Chris.

I've been missing my old MR2 and this looks like a good one.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
2/3/10 6:46 a.m.

God. 3 paycheck month. That alltrac is calling my name, but i have no place to work on it, and i need another turbo car like i need a tongue on my elbow.

And i want the MR2.

Flynlow
Flynlow New Reader
2/3/10 11:05 a.m.

Glad I bumped this thread! Seems like alot of interest in all the cars.

Of course, with the number of people interested in the mr2, we may have to have a nerf-gun fight to determine who gets it : ).

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/3/10 1:30 p.m.

trust me your going to be very happy with the condition of the car, the interior is totally stock (except momo steering wheel and hub) and in great shape (dash is not cracked, nothing is loose, everything is present), for the years, not horribly torn or cracked or dirty.

when i bought this aw11 about three years ago i had to race two other potential buyers (taking a wensday off work to beat everyone showing up on the weekend) to get it, the frunk and trunk are great, lots of the nuts and bolts holding the car together are still sporting there zinc coating, not to mention its sitting on two'r'us polybushings, ST adjustable sways, and tokico illumena's.

i haven't looked at the odometer in a long time but its definately way under 120k trying to remember if its 104k or 114k on it, i know when i bought it (for $2900), it was under 97k miles. people on mr2oc.com were really mad at me for keeping it as an events car it was in such nice shape. given there is damage to the front drivers side panel were it meets the door (door hinge is slightly off too), and the front air dam area, but i am including all the necessary body panels to fix plus have extra's, three hoods, engine bay covers, spoilers, umm geez....

everything mr2 related is included in the price!

this was her at an mr2 meet two years ago. keepping up with the turbo sw20's, schooling an rsx!

i am avaible most days before 6pm, anytime, friday saturday included, i work as a manager/driver at a pizza place nights.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/4/10 3:05 p.m.

here's some youtube video of the car at the lat event it went to, this is probably the run were it blew its master cylinder, i might have done one more after this one not sure.

clickity click for sliding aw11 action.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/5/10 2:55 p.m.

lots of calls on the aw11 today, but there is a blizzard this is a first come first served sorta deal, i don't have to rush it out of the garage but i am selling to the first 1900 firm for everything aw11 related as i have now got several standing offers.

and since people have asked, i can hold the items stored in the garage for several weeks, a month or so, if that is an issue.

still taking offers on the e30 and alltrac ofcourse.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/5/10 3:52 p.m.

Is the e30 driveable as is? I just mean for transportional purposes. Not like can I race it as is.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/5/10 4:02 p.m.

to move it yeah, but as a daily no it needs some one to tune it up, and replace some worn drivetrain rubber, guibo, mounts, RSM's, rear diff mount maybe....but if you change thermostat and don't mind all the loud clunking from the rear it moves around just fine, battery and tires needed ofcourse...the reason i've held onto it is because of its lack of rust on the frame rails and chasis, its not a daily driver yet but with some one who has time to fix the little issues its gonna be cheap e30, i mean i was daily driving it up to the time i parked it but i just ignored the thumps and rattles.

its priced accordingly, i'm not over valueing any of these projects.

midniteson
midniteson New Reader
2/7/10 10:51 p.m.

In reply to PeterGrave5:

id be interested in the all tracs radiator if it doesnt sell and you decide to part it out. id post the alltrac on alltrac.net lots of guys would be interested im sure. prolly be worth more in pieces unfortunatley. let me know

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/8/10 10:45 a.m.

we're not at the part out time yet, but i will let everyone know when that happens.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/13/10 1:50 p.m.

bump for alltrac and e30, aw11 is most of the way sold, expecting downpayment shortly, sorry guys.

evildky
evildky Dork
2/15/10 3:57 p.m.

how did I miss this here, I posted on your MR2OC thread but a bit late, I'm wanting to build another challenge aw11, if your buyer flakes please let me know, I'm just a couple hours away and have a trailer

unless you are open to someone swooping in in the middle of the week in a snow storm to snag it

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/15/10 10:07 p.m.

what about a challenge alltrac or e30? seems like the e30's are dominating from the current GRM i'm reading in the bathroom. i'll price it low enough to make it sexy, hows $600? its got vorschlag motor mounts, saves you the 200 or so they were new.

i'll even drop the price of the alltrac project to make it tastier (even tho its a freaking alltrac that should be tasty enough) $1100! (think rallycross, think pissing off evo and subaru owners with a car made in the 80s) unmolested stock suspension pwns on dirt! brand new diff cushion installed, and the heater core before motor was pulled. spare tranny and diffs.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic HalfDork
2/16/10 12:54 p.m.

I wish I had the moneys for the E30 but I have to settle with the insurance company.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/19/10 3:08 a.m.

i don't....okay i'll bite, what do you have to settle with an insurance company?

oh yeah and bump for alltrac and e30, i'm off all weekend if anyone wants to come check them out.

midniteson
midniteson New Reader
4/9/10 8:13 p.m.

part out time yet?

speedblind
speedblind Reader
4/11/10 8:08 p.m.

Pics of the E30 interior?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/11/10 8:33 p.m.

If the shell is still hanging around, I have been looking for the trim over the windows for a while.

GPDren
GPDren New Reader
4/14/10 11:52 p.m.

I really want the E30 but 10.5 hours each way kinda kills the deal.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N9sM2I3LfzgiucXlI9OYFXDmeGKNzWrpKQp2jRB5qYJOae4f4p4ASpe1qfszyzrs