Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/24/18 10:30 p.m.

I was in the market for an m90 supercharger. I already have a couple eaton m62. I just have been playing around with them.

I managed to pick up a 125k unit for $75. That's a fairly goor score. He had a lot more parts that he was trying to sell me some as a package deal and some separate. Other blocks, cranks, headers, rims tires ect.

I resisted and stuck with $75 for the charger. As i was leaving he offered me the 3800 for $25. Well who could resist that?

Block piston rods lower intake accessories computer harness ignition ignition key... I mean everything all disasembled Including new rings and some gaskets.

Now. I looked. I can get a series ll (non SC)  car for $250 or less with a bad trans and after scraping it come out at $0 or even money ahead... But that involves work, cold, wet, hard work.

I do get a few new parts, but i wouldn't need those parts if the engine was assembled and running....

So now, i have a complete 3800 swap and an m62 looking for a body.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
12/25/18 10:07 a.m.

You will need the L67 heads as well, supercharger doesn't work on NA heads, injectors are in the head, not intake, You may be aware of this already.

A third gen Camaro/Firebird would make a good choice. 4th gen C/F is a easy one, but the rear facing throttle body causes issues.

Plenty of vehicles it could go in, depends on what interest you.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
12/25/18 2:14 p.m.

And fuel rail is maybe different too.

Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/25/18 3:19 p.m.

I have 100% of the engine swap parts and some stupid ideas... Maybe a second vet cart? A ghetocet? A diefoon? A shovette? An S5?

Maybe an AWD vettekart with a twin charged 3.8 

untchabl
untchabl Reader
12/26/18 7:38 a.m.

See Dusterbd13's build thread on his GM swapped Miata.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/18 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Crazier :

Find another l67 car and stick a 2nd driveline in back.  Awd 500+hp

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
12/26/18 7:48 a.m.

And there is always the Fiero.....

Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/26/18 8:11 p.m.

Ive looked at the fiero options. Some 84 4 speed options (not as good as the 86 5 speed but still good) near me for $500 and under.

I am tempted but i really want AWD. Ive been considering an S10. Or just useing S-truck/bravada parts. 

Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/27/18 11:33 a.m.

[URL=https://beta.photobucket.com/u/rbates74/p/866a6d6c-183e-4cb3-a541-cf83f07a6c0e][/URL]

I cant seem to stop looling at this guys add.

He is about $500 over what i want to spend and probably $800 over what i could do for a challenge car (almost no recoup room or extra parts)

I wonder how complete it is? Im scares to ask... Already have one endless project.

Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/27/18 1:12 p.m.

Everything is there but motor and trans

Including stearing radiator driveshaft and rear end.

Also has a spare set of street rims fiberglass hood and front disk brakes.

If i had just a couple hundred more bucks id be on the way already (knew i shouldnt have called)  he wont come down any more.

If he dosent sell it in the next two weeks and some one dont talk me out of it...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/18 1:35 p.m.

I have kept an eye on that one for months.  

Crazier
Crazier Reader
12/27/18 7:18 p.m.

Nice old guy. Not in the mood to haggle though.

I am going to do a couple scrap runs and see how close i can get.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PB3mvHcb5Nsq9ya8YhxGEnIdudhtghDcqBYJKUo2VnsAnNqQ51PQilyAUTvEM1df