jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
6/25/17 7:25 p.m.

1989 Volvo 240 DL It ain’t your professor’s Volvo. Automatic, 2.3L, 200k miles, very good interior. All stock under the hood and runs great. Sitting on cut coils and 17” Mazda rims with wheel adapters/spacers to get the stance. Some dents and dings, not perfect but true Volvo dependability and safety. New front struts, new muffler, fresh tune-up. Set of stock steelie rims with good tires included.

$2800 obo in the Wash.D.C./Maryland Craigslist, BUT -- If you prove you're a GRM reader I'll slash the price to $2000. -Yes I need it gone but plz don't beat on me. Start the stripping/sell-off in your mind....make the budget work and take 'er to the challenge. Use that stout Volvo body and head to ChumpCar. Get it for your Millennial and give them a reason to get a license!

Thanks for looking! As soon as I can find the pics-posting instructions again I'll get a couple on here.

meanwhile: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/6191029970.html

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/25/17 9:35 p.m.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/6191029970.html

Looks great on the Mazda rims and amazingly clean. I would never have seen it on the D.C. CL as my non-Nissan searches are pegged at $500.

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
7/2/17 4:00 p.m.

Murphy
Murphy Reader
7/4/17 2:30 p.m.

I don't want to hijack this thread but If anyone can help me describe why these cars even in slow and automatic form are so fun to drive? I love them and would never know how to explain to a non Volvo person. Maybe it's just beyond some people.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/17 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Murphy:

They're like big AE86s.

That... probably still won't help explain it to people.

BDKR
BDKR
7/11/17 3:36 p.m.

'89 is a good year for those. Could be better if it was a '90 forward but still good as it's really easy to turn these into really fun cars to drive. In particular, it's easy to convert to turbo. Being LH 2.4, you literally just plug in the turbo computers!

Of course, you'll have to get larger injectors, the plumbing from a turbo car if you don't want to do it custom or buy it new, intercooler from a turbo car (there are aftermarket drop in options like do88), turbo variant water lines if you are using a water cooled turbo, and oil lines too and from. The NA versions of those motors already have a boss (blank spot) where you can drill for the oil return.

I've converted two '89 244's to turbo in the past and loved them to death! Once the suspension is sorted these cars make great performance sedans! Currently have a '82 245 Turbo, '90 745, and '96 854R.

Somebody buy this! That thing is 53x!

randyracer
randyracer New Reader
7/13/17 12:21 a.m.

In reply to BDKR:

You are my kinda guy! (I have 744 Turbo "race car" and V70R street car...and loads of Volvo racing history)

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
7/13/17 7:59 p.m.

Surely someone out there has the "Need for Swede"? I'd let my GRM family beat me down on the price some more...-other projects await! Here's your first negotiation tactic: the R-12 system needs charging or changeover. --What's that you say? -You should get a discount to take care of that? I simply must agree. Wave currency in my face and see what happens...

mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
7/13/17 8:13 p.m.

I wish that I could buy this. Its a good looling car. My excuse... Too far away and no toy money for a few months. Good luck with the sale.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zar4dXE4tkBMVz8FH5aG60bAZ3PleMLd6JYslSCFQpVkMgZSWYoOSm5b0SleH7YH