Vracer111
Vracer111 None
5/19/12 8:24 p.m.

Looking to sell a 1990 Integra RS...

My brothers Integra with ~162,243 miles on original motor and chassis. Car has been sitting in the garage in a not running state for ~2 years. Bought an ebay replacement intank fuel pump and the instructions were very unclear on which wire was which (...like non existant with no labeling whatsoever.) Have the fuel line from the filter loose to check/prime the line and pump just whirrrrs and no fuel coming through when cycling the ignition about a 20-30 times between ACC and off. So spinning backwards...great. So instead of going through the hassle of dropping the tank, etc... I try swaping the pins going to the fuel pump. Triple checked the wiring diagram and thought I was good but nope...turned the key and instrumentation went out and nothing whatsoever. Swapped pins back and still nothing whatsoever. So yeah some electrical trouble shooting will be needed: it was replaced for a daily driver before this by a Subaru Impreza RS and I'm lazy along with my brother - hence why it's been sitting in the garage and nothing has been done with it.

Stock transmission is ok but it grinds when trying to shift quickly into 3rd on track.

So think of this car as a rolling chassis in need of a motor rebuild and some electrical troubleshooting work and maybe some transmission work for 3rd gear.

It has some great performance and aftermarket parts though:

• ACT 8.8lb Racing flywheel
  • Cheap ebay XTD Stage I clutch kit
  • Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable shocks
  • Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
  • Neuspeed front tower bar
  • Team Voodoo Magnum shift knob for Honda application - Piano Black
  • Hawk HP+ pads (front), 1/4" pad material left
  • Suspension Technique Anti-Roll bar set (15/16" F / 3/4" R)
  • Cheap ebay header (JVT Racing 4-2-1 layout)
  • Magnaflow direct fit catalytic converter (replacement for worn out factory one)

Also has custom changes done which really make it better than your stock/standard G2 integra:

• Custom intake system using stock airbox and K&N filter with high temp flexible brake hose for the route to the intake manifold and a custom fabricated aluminum coupler to connect all the stock vaccum lines before the manifold like stock configuration.
  • Custom axleback exhaust added after stock one needed changing out. Initially just added a downturn (no muffler) using the factory flange connection in front of the rear axle for the longest time but finally added a custom welded magnaflow axleback system for inspection time after a ticket for being out of inspection. Passed emissions fine.
  • battery position lowered about 1 foot (sits on top of front cross member and rests against the wall the intake resonator was on the other side of) with custom aluminum bracket fabricated to hold an Odyessy PC680 battery in place
  • Power steering rack still used, but depowered with valve internals removed, fluid mostly drained, and unit sealed up. Power Steering pump and hoses removed for weight reduction. Greatly improves steering feel and resistance at low speed is not that bad really.
  • 3M Window Weld'd the motor/transmission mounts to stiffen them up - greatly reduced motor torquing and improved shifting.
  • 3M Window Weld'd the rear trailing arm bushings.
  • DOT legal Schroth Rallye 3 restraint for both driver and passenger replaced the worn out stock belts.
  • Stock seats replaced with 'leather' Celica GTS seats...because "free". Not that good for track use though - this chassis deserves better and lighter actual racing seats.

Also has additional weight reduction as follows:

• Interior gutted including factory automatic seat belt system.
  • AC system removed completely

Able to get car weight down to ~2300lbs with full tank... was an extrememly fun car on track even with stock horsepower... stuck right to Lotus Elise and Corvette Z06's in medium corners and technical sections with the Nitto NT-01 track tire setup. Of course once the track straightened out no chance of keeping up with them.

Ran the 1/4 mile in the mid-high 15's from a normal quick stop-light start (not a drag racer) and suspension setup as it would be for autocrossing. Motor was not touched at all from stock condition (~130hp/121lbf rated from factory).

I have the original title in my brothers name and he will sign it and hand it over... don't recommend on registering it for road use, been off the road for over 2 years and will cost more to get it back on the road than car is worth. I also have the Factory Acura Integra Service Manual included with it.

All the above mentioned is included for the low price of...

$350.00

For the everything the chassis comes with and Title and the Factory Service manual included that's a very good deal - you should be able to at least double your money spent by piecing out the performance parts if wish to do so...

NOTE: The 320mm Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel you see is NOT included... my brother is not parting with that wheel. Some generic larger diameter steering wheel will be included.

I just need it gone, out of the garage to make space ready for a new car I plan on purchasing soon. You just have to be able to trailer it home...

Worse comes to worse I will just scrap it...but this chassis really handles better than the factory Integra DA setup...

Pictures and Video links of car below:

90 Integra RS Gallery

On track video (note: this is a 0 ft sea level Texas car struggling on a nearly 5000' altitude track in Colorado - has a different sound as well.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/19/12 9:09 p.m.

Helping you with the pics

Man, this would be awesome as a starter for someone looking to get from point A to B and to do some DE's in. Wish I was closer to Texas

GLWS

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
5/20/12 1:58 a.m.

If this were close to me, I'd have a 'Teg.

corytate
corytate Dork
5/20/12 11:03 a.m.

Just told my friend I'd drive him to tx to pick this up if he wanted it. lol

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
5/20/12 1:53 p.m.

If I had a truck and trailer, then this would be in my driveway. Damn.

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
5/20/12 9:15 p.m.
corytate wrote: Just told my friend I'd drive him to tx to pick this up if he wanted it. lol

[Jedi hand wave] This is the Integra your friend is looking for...[/Jedi hand wave]

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
5/23/12 7:04 p.m.

Would you deliver it for an extra $100?

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
5/23/12 7:15 p.m.

In reply to NuJrzRedline:

Can't deliver it, but see my PM...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rn1fCGCQaB60v0AXXMk2rg1zJFJJUCo3cejrMi6hY9e8URxOqNZUBNbWSOqXHK50