DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/20/20 9:47 a.m.

I bought a set of aluminum wheels for $80. Then I find a fellow selling a set of Diamond steel wheels with 2 M&H slicks and 2 street tires. He's asking $300 or trade for some wheels. I offer the $80 wheels, he responds affirmatively, and I go to bed without answering him. He comes back overnight and offers to sweeten the deal with $100 cash. I take that deal, so I have a set of zero cost wheels and tires to drag race on, but did I just use $80 of recoup? I'm not sure how this transaction needs to be shown on the spreadsheet.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/20/20 11:26 a.m.

I think you spent $80 on your drag set up. The $100 is beer and pizza money for the rest of the build.

Or

$80 on drag tires, $20 recoup. 

It's been a while since I looked at the rules (and tried to find the loopholes)

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
1/20/20 12:16 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

Noooo. I traded an item for several other items and $100. I can't recoup more than I paid for something, so I may be recouping the $80. I think I'm at zero cost for the stuff I have now though. I do agree that without his cash, the deal would be that I have $80 worth of wheels and tires.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/20 1:33 p.m.

you recouped $80 and have a $0 drag tire setup

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
3/4/20 1:10 p.m.

....and last night I traded a set of $50 aluminum wheels for 5 Bassett 15x10 steel wheels. My autocross rim issue is settled.smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RZXhCjbzSOmkBYiq8Ubw2tHAnIGGxulEMzZezhamfNhR9JffVbdxsKjbkkGlACXk