1 2 3
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/19 10:59 a.m.

I'm down to share. Don't have a teammate at this point, so it's just me and Datsaniti. 

I'm okay with a rollout or couch.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
9/24/19 2:36 p.m.

I could handle a night on the floor as well.  If this comes off right I'll be there with camping gear so a sleeping bag and air mattress should be in my kit.  That's probably the bigger issue; I'll have some stuff I want to get off the motorcycle and into a secured room so an orderly pile of junk in the corner is probably my biggest annoyance.  It has to fit on a sport-standard bike so it can't be that much...

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
9/24/19 2:46 p.m.

If I show up I'll just sleep in the hot tub.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/24/19 4:14 p.m.
16vCorey said:

If I show up I'll just sleep in the hot tub.

Make sure you're drunk.  The alcohol might help to neutralize the biohazard.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
9/25/19 11:31 a.m.

Here's a bit of a hijack; how many folks are going that aren't competing in some fashion?  How "interesting", for lack of a better word, is the event on Thursday?  I'm trying to figure out if I should try to get there on Thursday or Friday.  

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/19 11:35 a.m.

Oh, you want to get there on Thursday. The parking lot is half the fun. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/19 11:42 a.m.

Yeah I try to get there earlier and earlier on Thursday just be p to be able to see everyone and everything. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/25/19 11:52 a.m.

Thursday is socialization time in the hotel parking lot. It’s a big part of the event. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
9/25/19 1:55 p.m.

Noted, thanks.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
9/25/19 3:15 p.m.

Bumping this because I need somewhere to sleep, dammit.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/29/19 2:14 p.m.
SVreX said:

Thursday is socialization time in the hotel parking lot. It’s a big part of the event. 

Also, don't sleep in late.  There is a free continental breakfast at the hotel and for just $3 you can add a made-to-order omelette.  The omelette is great but even better is the chance to really sit elbow to elbow with the very people who's words you (at least I do) read every morning over coffee.  

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/29/19 6:54 p.m.

If I book a different hotel to try and save money, will I be able to come over to the host hotel and just sort of join the parking lot hangout for a bit? I mean, I suspect it'll be fine, but y'know.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/29/19 7:04 p.m.

Yep that's totally fine. You won't have an issue but you will miss out on the benefits of staying at the host hotel. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/19 8:03 p.m.
slowbird said:

If I book a different hotel to try and save money, will I be able to come over to the host hotel and just sort of join the parking lot hangout for a bit? I mean, I suspect it'll be fine, but y'know.

There's nothing like hanging out till 2am then trying to be the first to open the free breakfast at 6:30am.  Just saying.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/29/19 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I haven't woken up at 6:30 AM by choice since...well, probably never. I shall consider my options though. The reservation on the cheaper hotel can be canceled up until the day before. laugh

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/19 9:29 p.m.

Alright guys, I'm in. Pres589, I see you're still looking to split, I wouldn't mind going threesies on a room so who else? GVX19? Maschinenbau?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
9/30/19 10:02 a.m.

I should have updated this.  My move to from KS to MD takes place the week after; it feels like if I did this I would be setting myself up for failure on the move.   My thought on this is to touch base with some folks three or four months in advance next year and not be doing the last-minute search for somewhere to crash.  Who knows, maybe I'll get in with some team in the Baltimore area and have a chance to participate that way.

Good luck, I'm out.

GameboyRMH
9/30/19 10:07 a.m.

Now you're making me feel like an irresponsible jackass, I'm stopping at the Challenge on my way to moving to Ontario cheeky

maschinenbau
9/30/19 10:28 a.m.

I got Robbie's couch/floor, so I'm good.

maschinenbau
10/4/19 2:37 p.m.

Just had a teammate join, so I called and they still have double and king rooms in the GRM block at the group rate (129/night) So if you still need a room, make sure you call instead of booking through the website!

GameboyRMH
10/17/19 10:29 a.m.

I should update, I'm sharing with GVX19 and someone else.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/21/19 6:38 p.m.

Anyone still need to split a room?  Seth was going to split one with me and my two sons (10 & 12), but he's down and out. Post here and send me a PM for details. 

Thanks

Edit: the boys will be crashing on the couch and roll away. I have a room with two beds reserved, so you get your own.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/21/19 9:05 p.m.

My wife and i have a room with a sleeper sofa. its open if anyone still needs one and wants to split. it doesnt matter if you snore because my wife wears earplugs. i advise you do the same because no one will out snore me...

bright side is thanks to insomnia i rarely sleep. but when i do, its at the sawmill.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/22/19 12:06 p.m.

Ok, Looks like I have the extra spot spoken for.  See you all in a few days!

Thanks.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/24/19 10:19 a.m.

All right. Now I’m the guy who needs a spot.  For tonight only. Floor space would suffice (I have a sleeping bag). 

I had reservations. My company made a change and I was gonna have to work tonight through the night, so I cancelled my room tonight. Figured I’d drive down earlyvin the morning. Today the night work canceled, and I can come down tonight. But I’ve got no place to sleep. 

Anybody have a couch or a spot on the floor?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1L4pSaJfcw8sO61TGtXI5BO77gGOs5o7RvSDvoOSPhQuN5lE4sgZ1tGUVxTG8cVM