fiasco
fiasco New Reader
6/28/14 9:54 a.m.

Friend of mine decided after a decade of inactivity, it's time to move his SE-R collection out of the woods. NMSA (not mine, sort of affiliated).

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4538948337.html

vladha
vladha New Reader
6/28/14 9:53 p.m.

What an asshat. Seriously, parked them in the woods 10 years ago? I guess this just gives me conniption fits, having had a '91 SE-R that occupied my garage at all times, and just recently sold to another enthusiast. What a quiffhead.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/14 12:38 a.m.

No prices on the cars or did I miss somthing. I like the ruby red one.

fiasco
fiasco New Reader
6/29/14 9:39 a.m.

Vladha needs to have Barney teach him some manners.

The fourth Sentra in the collection was a rally car, the black one was a retired daily driver/rallycross/ice racer. The automatic one was a "title challenged" car stuck behind a gas station for several years that was going to become rally car #2 after the title was obtained.

Life got in the way of playing with cars for a while, then the WRX bug bit and the Sentras sat. Stuff happens.

Price-wise, he has a standing offer of $175 each scrap value from the local tow company, but he'd rather see somebody use them. Lemons? Rally? Drunk street racing in a school zone?

Actually, you could probably have the whole bunch for a Challenge friendly price and make a pretty killer car.

vladha
vladha Reader
6/29/14 7:34 p.m.

Hmmm, you're right. I could have been more tactful...somehow. '91 - '94 se-rs have been tough finding in decent shape for a few years, now. 4 of them...in the woods...in new Hampshire...heavy sigh. I was taught to treat my possessions better than that, just incomprehensible to me. Lots of sweat equity involved to make one decent car out of four cars.

fiasco
fiasco New Reader
6/29/14 9:03 p.m.

I know a little more of why the cars got parked, so to an outsider it probably does seem a chuckleheaded thing to do (and my friend probably wouldn't argue the point anyway ).

Only three in the woods -- the rally car was sold a while back and the buyer didn't take any of the spare shells.

If I wasn't already in a project-rich environment...

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
6/30/14 3:16 p.m.

Just emailed him. I'm further North in NH and have been looking for a second B13 SE-R. If "Ruby Red" isn't spoken for, hopefully he gets back to me so I can go down and check it out! I may also be interested in the extra SE-R transaxle.

fiasco
fiasco New Reader
6/30/14 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Bubs:

Cool, he's been slogging through the usual Craigslist flakes who want to trade bit coin and farm animals, so if you don't hear from him in 24 hours, PM me with your contact info and I'll get it to him.

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
6/30/14 9:30 p.m.

In reply to fiasco:

Thanks!

He just got back to me a little while ago saying that somebody has expressed interest in the whole lot. So I'll have to wait and see if that person is a no-show.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/1/14 11:45 a.m.

Wish they were closer and less rusty!

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/20/14 3:57 p.m.

Unsurprisingly, the person that spoke for these cars only bought them for a quick flip. I just happened to come across this today. Barring a huge coincidence that he just happened to get a different pair of Sentras from NH with the same colors, options and mileages (lololol), here they are again.

http://www.sr20-forum.com/cars/74683-2-b13-se-r-s-sale-trade.html

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MUYjrTfY6mtyhFSu2864ltbPvLOYh30YCdGE4AEEN2EY6eVZvIiERkNhurLkTx0s