Enyar
Enyar Dork
2/6/17 8:52 a.m.

Hey there, I bought these Piloti driving shoes because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Literally wore them 5 times tops. When I didn't even wear them to the last auto-x I figured it's time to get them out of my closet. Looks a little dusty in the pictures.

$20 donation to Tampa Bay Watch gets them, you can make the donation in your name because I don't itemize deductions anyway.

I'll cover shipping.

SIZE 10

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/10/17 3:16 p.m.

Wow, I think you need to step away from the computer for a bit.

It is probably a misunderstanding.

Enyar has been here for a good bit and as far as I can tell has never had an issue.

I am sure a fellow GRMer did not come up with some elaborate scam to steal a whopping $20.00 from you knowing they would most likely get caught.

Think it through before running somebody's name and reputation through the ringer (especially calling them out by their real name).

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/10/17 4:03 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

I understand that you are upset, but starting multiple threads to call out a fellow forum member using his real name is in poor form. I have deleted those threads and ask that you reach out to Enyar directly to settle the matter rather than using the message boards as your means for attack.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/17 4:35 p.m.

Wow, this gtx guy sounds like a clown ...

PM le your paypal, I'll send you the $20 bucks and help you get on with your life ...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/10/17 4:49 p.m.
Slippery wrote: Wow, this gtx guy sounds like a clown ... PM le your paypal, I'll send you the $20 bucks and help you get on with your life ...

definitely has his moments. Then again, we all do.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/10/17 5:15 p.m.

I'd be pretty upset too if I wanted some black and orange piloti driving shoes, thought the deal was done then never received them.

Interested to see what Enyar had to say.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/11/17 6:50 a.m.

I normally wear a 10.5. My size 11 pilotis are a bit snug. Just an FYI. Bangin' deal!!

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/11/17 9:42 a.m.

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but sometimes things happen. I would try to not jump straight to thinking this was some nefarious scam that victimized you, and think about more as an attempted good dead gone bad. Why did you send $20 anyway when all he was asking is that you donate $20 to some charity organization?

Enyar
Enyar Dork
3/17/17 12:17 p.m.

Woah, somehow completely missed the new posts in this thread. Needless to say this is pretty embarrassing and I'm beet red right now.

Looks like he deleted his prior comments but let me tell my side of the story. I made this post and GTX Vette showed interest in the shoes. We talked and he mentioned he didn't like sending money directly to the charity and asked to send me a money order instead. I work with the charity on a monthly basis and contribute plenty of my own money so I had no problem contributing an extra $20 with my donation so it was a non issue.

He agrees to send the money order and I told him I would mail him the shoes prior to receipt of the $$ because I really just wanted them out of my closet. Unfortunately when I got home I started looking for the shoes and couldn't find them anywhere. Perplexed, I asked my wife and was told they were donated to Goodwill a week before. I immediately messaged GTX Vette and told him not to mail the money order but it was too late. Before really discussing the situation I decided I would buy the chap a brand new set of Pumas I found on Amazon or send him $50 because it did seem like he was really interested in the shoes. When I called him to tell him this he was super confrontational about it and it didn't sit well with me. He ended up hanging up on me (called back to confirm he did hang up and we didn't just get disconnected) and I decided I'm not going out of the way for this guy. By the time his money order arrived I took it out of the mailbox, put it in a new envelope with an extra stamp to cover his lost postage and mailed it right back.

I apologize for not coming through with the shoes but I tried my best to remedy the situation.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
3/17/17 1:25 p.m.

You did everything you could. Some people are jerks and can't handle things not going their way. Make a mental note of who not to deal with in the future and move on. You did more than you had to.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/17/17 1:26 p.m.

Since this issue has been resolved I am going to close the thread.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
Zeb3f8eWkahvf7g6mjzw3A6RAoEhJRVTjJWXx2ZuSAiizwL3Tm1nJhPebaR2QrgE