barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/30/19 11:13 p.m.

My wife uses several online discount thingys that save a couple % in most online purchases and some of these give coupons after so many purchases. She offered me the next one ($10). Can I use this for my headers and budget 63.89 instead of 73.89?

We had to spend money to get the discount so I don’t know where that falls budget wise. Thanks. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/31/19 12:50 a.m.

Say I have a credit card that gives me 1% cash back. If I buy headers with the CC and they are $100 but I get $1 back, budgeting $99 for the headers is cool with me.

If I spend $10,000 on hookers and blow (do hookers and blow take credit cards?) And use the $100 cash back to buy the headers, that doesn't mean I got free headers, that means I got $9,900 in hookers and blow and $100 in headers.

Your situation sounds like a cash back credit card to me. (The key is if the credit comes from related or unrelated transactions - if the credit comes from a challenge build related transaction, then the credit is included in budget).

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/31/19 5:03 a.m.

...unless we are talking about the Hookers and Blow Challenge®

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
5/31/19 6:45 a.m.

Seems like you need direct relation to the discount applied. 

If you use the 5% RA code on your purchase, are you going to budget what you paid or what it should have been priced? But if you used say a gift card to make that purchase, you still bought something directly at a cost.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/19 8:00 a.m.

Unrelated transactions can’t build up stuff.  If summit mails you a $25 off coupon or is handing out 10% off coupons, yep.  Buy during all 10% ebay bucks promo?  Sure.  Build up $10 off with a shopping app because you spend 2 grand on groceries?  Sorry.  

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
5/31/19 8:55 a.m.

Can the hookers and blow be used on the concours portion to add to the overall score? They aren’t part of the actual car so I’d imagine they wouldn’t count towards the overall budget. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/19 9:24 a.m.
digdug18 said:

Can the hookers and blow be used on the concours portion to add to the overall score? They aren’t part of the actual car so I’d imagine they wouldn’t count towards the overall budget. 

dude, if you ask before the event you give people a chance to belly-ache about it and the staff can implement a rule change.   if you just show up and do it, they can't change the rule until next year.   

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/31/19 10:53 a.m.

Funny thing. Summit just sent me a $20 coupon. Too bad headers are way cheaper on eBay. 

So I won’t count the online discount in my budget since it did come from unrelated purchases, but I’m gonna use the discount because broke. Thanks for the input. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RXvKzQjWrxC1mbjI1kNdQFpgaOQpj7ilzh7MgoqzRPyRlwqHAWpB6rkqBPcRlgJh