DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/5/20 8:13 a.m.

Two real examples...

Example 1:   I bought some Diamond Racing steel wheels  and they're black. I already own a set of Bassett wheels that are silver colour. Both sets are the same width, diameter, offset and weight. Aesthetically, I'd prefer to use the Bassetts but they aren't budget friendly. Can I trade the Diamonds for the Bassetts?

Example 2:   I bought a half dozen Hypercoil springs and I've owned another dozen  ,or more for 15 years (different brands). If I shouldn't happen to like the handling of the Hypercoils can I trade springs with myself? This is different from the wheel example in that it could make a performance difference.

I realize that I could do either trade with a second party, but what about with myself? The rule page says "You may sell or trade parts to yourself  for fair market value." In both these examples I'd trade at the purchase price of the parts currently in my budget, the Diamond rims and the Hypercoil springs.  The stuff that I'm proposing trading for certainly cost me more than the parts in the budget.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/20 10:28 a.m.

I would not argue with like for like (used springs for used springs, etc)

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Agreed. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y5aPkhvvDIPxZQ7ASEU1nAXjIbrPNRvw8GtyWFyeyKsg28552tVpDmG7mbQOdeYo