stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/24/19 5:40 p.m.

Having not been to a Challenge yet, I have no idea whether this would have any appeal.  I'm assuming there's a special T-shirt design for the Challenge, but I thought it might be neat if they were custom made for each participant and showed the member's website avatar on the back and their poster name on the back like a sports jersey.   Thought I'd run it up the flagpole...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/24/19 6:21 p.m.

That would be cool, but at approximately $80 per shirt, I don’t think we’d have many takers. Sorry. :( 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/19 6:35 p.m.

I’m cool with the standard challenge shirts, they’re like a badge of honor to be worn to car events to prove you’re crazy

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
7/24/19 8:14 p.m.

Its a great idea, but tough to make one-off (unique usernames) shirts affordably.

I am planning to make a cheap shirt with my username spraypainted or dyed on the back, possibly with a team logo on the front pocket area.  But thats the $10 solution.  

stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/24/19 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Mebbe just the username...  I wonder how much it would cost to be able to do that at the event...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/24/19 9:28 p.m.

Heat transfer vinyl is a little under a dollar per 12"x10" sheet on Amazon, surely the hotel has irons in the rooms. It would just take someone with a vinyl cutter and list of participants forum names to make them and someone to put them on to modify the standard issue shirt.

I'm not coming to the challenge, but I could be convinced to do the cutting and send them down to the hotel or to someone who is going, provided I was given a full list of names. 

(I say this having never cut or transferred heat transfer vinyl, this may be a much bigger project than I think it is)

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/19 11:38 p.m.

I mean, what’s stopping someone setting up a Cafepress account and uploading images for people to have printed on their shirts?

just create a relatively standard layout (without the GRM logo) with the user name and their real name and an avatar pic on it.  Give the layout to the board and let people put their own info on it and print the shirts themselves.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/25/19 6:29 a.m.

Stay tuned to the Gastropod thread. Those t-shirts will be headed to production in the next six weeks or so. laugh

And by headed to production I mean I'm going to make them on my kitchen table.....

stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/25/19 9:55 a.m.

I'm told Teespring might be useful in this situation.  A friend has had very low production runs of custom T-shirts made very inexpensively.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/19 10:05 a.m.

As a challenge veteran, I don’t want this.  I appreciate the enthusiasm though.  When you’re there it has zero to do with the forum and everything to do with the challenge family. It’s something that must be experienced before understanding.

seth, please use glittery puffy paint to make your Gastropod shirts

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/25/19 10:36 a.m.

I was gonna say, fabric paint and some markers would make some pretty good "custom" shirts that say whatever you want. laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zt5xJwHzg3AtuYEmFmRD42qPFP0mWP7dXRynQFTVHpjaXxNQRNYYjUbaDj2DJZt3