2010rjd
2010rjd New Reader
3/31/14 9:23 p.m.

Classic Mini, great for swap or autox beast etc. 1960 Austin Mini Seven, 99% rust free, project shell. What you get: MK1 shell 'basket case',(no motor) with glass, and misc parts. Will need assembly, misc parts, and finishing. Perfect for D series Honda swap, Suzuki Swift swap, Hayabusa swap etc, or traditional 4cy Brit build. Sold with bill of sale only. Located near Atlanta. SOLD

2010rjd@gmail.com

SaulGoode
SaulGoode New Reader
3/31/14 10:20 p.m.

Do you have pics that you can post, or email?

fastoldfart
fastoldfart New Reader
4/1/14 2:41 a.m.

If only you weren't at the opposite end of the continent..

2010rjd
2010rjd New Reader
4/1/14 7:43 a.m.
SaulGoode wrote: Do you have pics that you can post, or email?

2010rjd@gmail.com

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/1/14 8:59 a.m.

Have we stumbled on a new advanced and stealthy form of canoe?

Starting to look like a phishing expedition.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
4/1/14 9:32 a.m.

Stealth Canoe.

Great mix of old and new technology for the discerning Nigerian Prince.

2010rjd
2010rjd New Reader
4/1/14 9:41 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Starting to look like a phishing expedition.

Uhh not!! I am fairly well known by several on this forum. If anyone has serious interest they need to contact me via email, and perhaps even phone, there is much to discuss with regard to a 'basket case' car of this sort and I dont plan on posting all of that here. Thanks.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/1/14 12:31 p.m.

In reply to 2010rjd:

So, you are saying it is easier to share all those details AFTER you've gotten someone's email address, right?

Perhaps you are fairly well known by several on this forum. Perhaps not.

Since none have stepped in to admit it, you are left with what you have shared which is, frankly, not much.

The point is, that whether or not you know someone on this forum, you do not know the forum well.

You are a new reader with 6 posts. 5 are to sell something. 1 is to dis someone else selling something.

No profile details. No real participation in any thread.

You have provided no details of the product, and seem to think it is an imposition to post decent pictures.

And you are using questionable grammar.

You may be a nice guy, but these are the same things that Nigerian princes do. The only difference is you seem to have a bit of a knowledge of cars, and what might be of interest to us.

So, don't take it personally. This is a great community, and extremely supportive of members, including those who want to sell something. Get to know us.

2010rjd
2010rjd New Reader
4/1/14 3:23 p.m.

Geeze, youre being an ASSumer for no good reason. I have been on this forum for a long time, with way more than 5 posts, I have even sold the proprietors parts for some of their project cars.

Dont be a fraidy cat, I dont give a piece of crap about your email addy. Make up a wacky gmail one if you must. It amazes me how stupidly suspicious people are without any real cause or reason. Thats what online email accounts are for. Duhhh

If you have SERIOUS interest in a classic Mini or classic Mini parts email me, its not a scam.

2010rjd@gmail.com or if youre a fearful weenie email to: metalman59@gmail.com and it will get to me.

Thanks!

metalman
metalman Reader
4/1/14 3:38 p.m.

This is for real. Have no fears.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/1/14 11:51 p.m.

I have no fear.

But I also have no interest in doing business with someone who can't take the most basic level of respectful constructive criticism without resorting to name calling.

Seriously?

No thanks.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/2/14 1:01 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Respectful constructive criticism? Really?

Have we stumbled on a new advanced and stealthy form of canoe? Starting to look like a phishing expedition.

You accused him of phishing by the 5th post and then other people piled on. Of course he would get defensive.

It may be a lackluster ad but you started this fight.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/2/14 1:31 a.m.

i'm with SVRex on this one, wondering if something is a canoe is not the same as calling some one an ass.

metalman
metalman Reader
4/2/14 8:05 a.m.
SVreX wrote: But I also have no interest in doing business with someone who can't take the most basic level of respectful constructive criticism without resorting to name calling.

Thanks mister self appointed forum cop. You have a little plastic badge that goes with that? lol

Lets be honest, you had no interest in the Mini stuff anyway, just in playing web policeman. If you dont like the ad just move on. Thats easy enough.

Its 'odd' how someone with cool old cars and parts might post that on a forum where people allegedly like old cars and parts. I can tell you that the specifics in this case will require detailed conversations about details, its not for picture collectors and dreamers. Hence the email/phone approach.

No one asked for or needs your so called 'respectful criticism' which it was not. Some have been doing business for many many decades and have a way in which they like to do so, whether you approve or not.

There is a gold mine of classic Mini stuff involved here. If that interests you fine, if not thats fine too. Like ditchdigger said, you started the negative crap. Now, can we please get back to the business and fun of our car disease/addiction/hobby.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/2/14 8:25 a.m.

Wow.

Truly pathetic.

I'm gone.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/2/14 9:57 a.m.
2010rjd wrote:
SVreX wrote: Starting to look like a phishing expedition.
Uhh not!! I am fairly well known by several on this forum. If anyone has serious interest they need to contact me via email, and perhaps even phone, there is much to discuss with regard to a 'basket case' car of this sort and I dont plan on posting all of that here. Thanks.

You did not leave your phone number, how are we supposed to contact you by phone?

2010rjd
2010rjd New Reader
4/20/14 8:14 a.m.

Thanks to those who emailed and responded in an intelligent adult manner (as opposed to the rest) This car is sold.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/20/14 8:35 a.m.

This whole thread just makes my brain hurt. Talk about a needless pissing match. Glad the car found a home.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rvk2lF5HH6PJKxhnf5n8GC7Arwv0vEQ3ut9Jg4bScEvug60CtwAganMtRSKjZ83E