Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/23/19 9:19 a.m.

Sorry, everybody, but the realities of making 50+ number panels are here: The price to register your car for the $2000 Challenge will increase to $225 on October 7! That's also the cutoff for custom number panels, so entries from that date forward will be arbitrarily assigned a number. 

Don't want to pay extra? Want to request your favorite number? (requests aren't guaranteed, but can usually be accommodated) There's a way: Register for the $2000 Challenge now. We've got a fairly generous cancellation policy just in case, anyway.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/19 9:39 a.m.

posted elsewhere a while ago, but please let Dusterbd13 have the number 13 this year.   i requested it many months ago but it doesn't play into my current theme, so i'll take whatever the random number generator spits out.

Tom Suddard
9/23/19 9:48 a.m.

Done.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess Reader
9/24/19 3:01 a.m.

If this was a normal year I'd be registered some time in July. However this year I had to wait. I had to have a prostrate exam and check if I had the big C.  Yesterday I got the results and very happy to hear that they were negative. Just think of  a colon exam with a local and a staple gun. So this morning I registered after I got home from work. Later this morning Bessie and I will make reservations at the Gateway Grand  and on to the Challenge!

Tom Suddard
9/24/19 6:46 a.m.

Congratulations and great to hear! Don't wait to book the hotel—there are only a few rooms left. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/24/19 7:30 a.m.

I had to miss last year due to possible big c. Im VERY grateful that you don't have it!

And thanks for the 13!

Also, is there any way we can get lanyards/nametags/sharpies this year? That way we can write screenename and number of challenges attended for new guys to have experienced guys to ask, and for people to put a real face with a screenname? 

Tom Suddard
9/24/19 10:51 a.m.

Done. And if you put Screen Name: Dusterbd13-michael  in the sponsor field on MotorsportReg, everybody will be able to see who is driving which car, too.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/30/19 1:45 p.m.

I registered last week but I don't know if I did it right, so just in case, this 1997 Ford Probe would like to request #97 or a second choice of #79.

driftz28
driftz28 New Reader
10/5/19 8:03 p.m.

Hey Tom,

MotorsportsReg.com says the registration ends Oct 6. Is that not the absolute cut off? I'm struggling to get the car complete and wanted to wait as long as I can before registering. I don't need a specific number.

Please let me know

Thanks!

Tom Suddard
10/6/19 11:52 a.m.

That's just when the early-bird pricing ends. It will increase and be open for a few more weeks. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/6/19 4:00 p.m.

Ok, now that we've almost reached the last minute, I officially registered.

It's on!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/6/19 4:35 p.m.

Just officially entered.  Now I just have to finish building, and hope it survives the drive.

driftz28
driftz28 New Reader
10/6/19 7:58 p.m.

Just registered, now I have to get this thing finished.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/6/19 10:04 p.m.

In reply to driftz28 :

that thing is sick. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/6/19 10:05 p.m.

Well ive been working on my car for a few months, and a lot over the past week, and i finally officially registered. I noticed there are 56 entries! thats awesome! This is my first year so i have no idea if that is good or not but it seems like more than i was expecting. Looking forward to a good time!

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
XcFVM4fB4Jh9FdFcSLSXIdYeWANGCXM5Cf2YmXn0Fpmy4yO7bGEWjIuK37uRtREF