ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/7/14 10:12 p.m.

Looks pretty cool I know nothing about these except Ive never seen one on the road seems weird enough for someone on here $1200

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4509520989.html

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/8/14 11:01 p.m.

That thing is super cool! Datsun's FTW!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
6/8/14 11:14 p.m.

I am checking it out tomorrow. Just down the road from me.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/9/14 5:54 a.m.

Want doesn't describe the lust I feel.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
6/9/14 6:59 a.m.

Me like very much!

I wonder if any of the bigger Nissan /Datsun 4 cyl RWD engines would be a bolt in?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
6/9/14 7:34 a.m.

Sweet. I just did a job in the Five Forks area.

The transmsission is the desirable one for Sprdgets.

i think the L series engines would bolt up, thus the Z-24 and KA24 should too. But don't quote me on that.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/9/14 10:33 a.m.

I just hope I made a match between enthusiast and car. Gives me warm and fuzzy feelings.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth New Reader
6/9/14 11:56 a.m.

Me like ! Do they handle ?

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/9/14 8:49 p.m.

Paging Sine_Qua_Non did you go see it today?

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/9/14 9:00 p.m.
scottdownsouth wrote: Me like ! Do they handle ?

'

I am sure they can. They have the standard Datsun stick axle out back and strut front end.

When new they were the car that your grandmother bought because they were economical. Not because they were cool or particularly good at anything. I recall my grandmothers was a 1.4 liter poverty spec car. Slow as a slow thing.

I think the 210 is one of those cars that went straight from being a completely uncool old/square person car to being some sort of desirable vintage Japanese classic without a step in between.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
6/10/14 7:52 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Paging Sine_Qua_Non did you go see it today?

I did. Finding parts for this car is going to be a bitch. Nobody has them. 510 and 240 parts seems plentiful compared to the 210

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/10/14 8:39 a.m.

So does that mean you bought it?

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
6/12/14 9:56 a.m.

I had an '81 B210 wagon. I still miss it. Check out ratsum(?) forums for parts and info. Research and a little creativity goes far when trying to source performance parts. I used to have a set of NOS KYBs that should fit the car( if my sources were correct ). I'll see if I can dig those out.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
6/12/14 7:12 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: So does that mean you bought it?

Nope. Seller won't budge on price. Said it must be sold for NADA value or very close to it meaning not less than $1100. It has rust and needs a lot of interior work. It's been sitting for awhile. It does run and drive. Needs brake work and tune up. I tried again to make a deal this evening with seller. No go. Researched online ie several Datsun forums. These are going for far less than what he is asking for.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/13/14 9:10 a.m.

That sucks. Keep his contact info, check back in a month or so. Once it sits and he has nobody interested, maybe he'll come down on the price.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
6/13/14 10:36 a.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

He's pretty sure he has a buyer from Charlotte coming with a trailer on Sunday.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/14 10:43 a.m.

My older sister bought a B210 notchback brand new in '75. I was pretty young, but I always liked that car and it was perfect for the fuel crisis era. When I was a kid, I always liked the GX hatchback better but now I think I prefer the notch. I haven't seen any of them in a long time.

My brother had a '73 610 and the girl next door had a B210 Honey Bee. There were a lot of Datsuns around in the '70s.

On a semi-related note, I saw Bob Sharp the other night.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/14 10:49 a.m.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/13/14 12:01 p.m.

There's a yellow one just like that pic that I see around here ever once in a while. Where did you see Bob Sharp? Does he live near you? It'd be fun to hear stories from that guy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4mBJdoHOK1nb7jFeW68ag1soJRTGRQfMDkIcEvt4rSO4vFHdXYopfokWR98GsPqC