Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/26/19 11:00 p.m.

Should we have a FMV thread where member can get an opinion?

I think so and I searched. There is one but its like for a particular car / member. I don't want to hijack that thread.

So I'll put my request here and if others want a place to get a random fmv from members feel free to post it here.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/26/19 11:09 p.m.

Accordianfolder got this car and has moved on. I won't make this years Challenge but would like a valuation for a start.

Its a 2002 ZX2, showroom stock class originally. Came with 4 used track tires and rims besides the ones on it. I didn't pay for it but

snuck by his house early one morning, hooked it up and stole away into the grey dawn. So I am not sure what to put for value on a build sheet.

First gear synco is shot but other than that its pretty decent. (oh, I dented the trunk with the backhoe today, blush but that was after I stole it)

Can ya'll give me a $ amount? Thanks.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/28/19 9:09 a.m.

i wouldn't pay more than $500 and i'd have to be high like towelie.   when did accordionfolder buy it and, if it was within the last 24 months or so, what did he pay?  i mean, you probably already kinda know an FMV from that.   but i wouldn't protest $500 unless the spare track wheels are Forgelines or CCWs or something equally baller.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/28/19 7:13 p.m.

Accordianfolder paid a bit for it. 

$750 is better than I hoped for and would leave me quite a bit to work with on a challenge build. If any body protests I can up it.

$750, going once, going........

On a separate note it does have a vin tag. I talked to an attorney here in town and can get it titled. I'm just not sure I want the title $500 worth though. 

It could be street legal and an uncomfortable daily then. laugh

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
8/28/19 7:39 p.m.

Sold for $750. 

Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer New Reader
8/29/19 2:15 p.m.

It might get messy to get it all in one thread.  We can try.

Our Preferred Partners
NA48tPtvlVie4gzoUjQikaYOrZS0WXTMvBjWn6z03tpNxvvvmSpLcFfOukPFEqIJ