1 2
fivedimeracer
fivedimeracer
9/28/10 9:51 p.m.

1985 Fiat X19 Bertone GRM Challenge SCCA NASA project car for sale, Now $400 !!!!!!!!!!!( or $300 without the brand new fuel pump) **** 1.5 L Fuel Injected, 4 Wheel Disk Brakes, Brand New Fuel Pump, Super Light !!, These can handle like a Go Kart !, clean chassis, engine runs, Come with the classic X19 "tron" wheels. The windshield and frame was removed and car was stripped down to be an SCCA/NASA solo/race car, all the glass removed. With a little work you'd have an autocross rocket with current motor or add turbo or use for V6 engine swap and you'd have serious mid-engine power in a super light-nimble chassis. Will throw in corbeau race seat and racing steering wheel with hub release. See c-list ad below for pictures http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1978552947.html

fivedimeracer "at" yahoo.com

mw
mw HalfDork
9/29/10 7:06 a.m.

Oooh. That's close enough to get. If you still have it in 5 weeks I may come get it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/10 7:49 a.m.

If you are going to post the obligatory "what if" scenario, I would recommend a Miata swap or Mega-squirted V8 rather than a turbo or V6. This board doesn't do the V6, heck, it's hard to stop at a V8 when there are 12 and 18 cylinder engines out there!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/10 7:54 a.m.

The 1500 is enough in a 1000 lb. car.

dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
9/29/10 8:52 a.m.

'busa

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
9/29/10 10:10 a.m.

I'm glad he's too far away, and I'm sure the wife is too! Back in the mid '90's a friend built a similar car to that. It used a stock 1500 mated to the 4 speed instead of the 5. It was blinding quick even with the stock motor. That car was a ton of fun and he had less than $500 in it. It was always in the hunt for FTD!

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/29/10 11:16 a.m.

theres a guy that did a B16A swap in one.... I can imagine 170 HP in one of these... Ugh...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/10 6:09 p.m.

Somebody buy this quick.

/>

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
9/30/10 3:18 p.m.

Paging JThw8.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/3/10 9:40 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: Paging JThw8.

Got my shop a little full right now but yeah, its tempting. Havent actually played with fiat/yugos for about 5-6 years now.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/4/10 6:15 a.m.

My idea for the ultimate Challenge car is one of these w/ some sort of turbo'ed four-cylinder.

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
10/4/10 8:04 a.m.

I've been saying the same thing for a long time, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and it wouldn't be fast enough. Of course someday I'd like to just go to the challenge.

fivedimeracer
fivedimeracer New Reader
1/20/11 10:48 p.m.

If anyone wants this car $500 cash and its yours, 2 guys have wanted it and promised to come get it... but I've waited long enough.

pm me at: fivedimeracer "at" yahoo . com

Thanks, Joe

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/11 11:14 p.m.

BTW, the Fiat 1500 axles mate to the Chrysler inner CV joints used on the turbo 2.2/2.5 and Neon/Cloud/PT vehicles.

The driver's framerail needs to be notched to clear the 5-speed and the usual engine swap stuff gets to be sorted.

The trick is coming up with decent struts and the control arms need to be stiffened.

Now, the cars aren't that light, most are about 2200lbs and the race ones struggle to get to 1600-1700lbs. There is a lot of steel in those cars.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/21/11 7:35 a.m.
Craigslist said: Page Not Found.

Can you put photos up here?

mw
mw HalfDork
1/21/11 5:37 p.m.

Yeah more info! I must have been interested before.

fivedimeracer
fivedimeracer New Reader
1/21/11 9:54 p.m.

Here are some answers to the most common questions I've received. -No, there really are no other suspension or engine mods, removed the muffler as we were going to add a header but never did. - The chassis is in great shape, very little rust anywhere, I think the only spot id patch is a small half dollar sized area in drivers side floor under clutch pedal. The exterior sheet metal, wheel wells, inside the front bonnet(like new) and engine compartment look great. The car has been in a garage out of the elements for 3-4 years. -No title - I believe we still have the center section of dash that contains the original italian gauges, but we do not have the entire dash pad. We generally make an aluminum dash to hold racing gauges.

The car was being set up to autocross or maybe some day run as an SCCA production car(cage needed). My father and I have run lots of race cars in SCCA and this was a project that we just don't have time for now. We began the process of cleaning, removing all unecessary glass(as you know the windshield and frame are often removed from these for SCCA production racing), headlight motors, interior and then began to get the car to run as it did not when we got it. The fuel pump was the main culprit and the one on it is only 5 months old($150). The cars now runs and sounds strong without the muffler, the standard ignition tumbler is removed and we have begun to wire it to start with a racing style toggle setup. The stock bumpers and the stock seats are now gone, but I've thrown in a decent Corbeau racing seat in their place as well as a racing steering wheel with a quick release hex style hub/extension.

fivedimeracer
fivedimeracer New Reader
1/21/11 10:09 p.m.

If someone wants pics, please send me an email. Thanks, Joe

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/11 12:12 p.m.

Joe,

Pics for sure to:

geoh

at

aol

dot

com

Thanks,

George

fivedimeracer
fivedimeracer New Reader
2/8/11 1:51 a.m.

The perfect Autocross Car !! Or swap candidate for Challange.

Some one come get....$400.

Joe Z Syracuse,NY

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/8/11 9:14 a.m.

My garage has:

BMW bike

Gold Wing

Porsche 914

Toyota 4-Runner

Ford Ranger

Dodge

Woodstoves

Parts, bits, chatchkas and tools.

You're killing me Joe.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
2/8/11 12:05 p.m.

Too bad you aren't in Atlanta with all the other cars.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
2/8/11 12:30 p.m.
turboswede wrote: BTW, the Fiat 1500 axles mate to the Chrysler inner CV joints used on the turbo 2.2/2.5 and Neon/Cloud/PT vehicles. The driver's framerail needs to be notched to clear the 5-speed and the usual engine swap stuff gets to be sorted. The trick is coming up with decent struts and the control arms need to be stiffened. Now, the cars aren't that light, most are about 2200lbs and the race ones struggle to get to 1600-1700lbs. There is a lot of steel in those cars.

Really?

I've got a 16V 2.5 sitting around here.

Oh, dear...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
2/8/11 12:31 p.m.

fivedime:

your CL link no worky

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
2/8/11 12:35 p.m.

How much power can the Fiat axles and outer CV's take? What does the A-arm that needs to be strengthened look like? (I know-the letter A, duh )

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XAPKM5FdaGts3h2UKQIh8CPj8BqgVxNnIIpC5irjeA6PUkdPuXkX5ix3CCdkTTre