Powar
Powar Dork
11/21/10 4:00 p.m.

For Sale - Pair of 1973 SAAB Sonett IIIs

Seller: Tim T. (Powar) Price: $2010 GRM Price Location: Shepherdsville, KY 40165

I've decided to sell my pair of 1973 SAAB Sonett IIIs. Both are 98% complete, but neither run. The first car (and the star of the show) is blue and has a solid pan. I've attached pictures of the floors for reference. The only rot that I've found on this car consists of a couple of small (fingernail-sized) thin spots in the metal under the battery (in the trunk). Everything else is solid, which is key on these cars. It has what appears to be a complete dealer-installed A/C setup, including the interior controls. The previous owner told me that he had the car running and driving as recently as two years ago, but the engine is now locked. I've had a battery in the car and all of the interior accessories appear to function, including the HVAC fans and original radio. The car is missing the hood and a headlight assembly, but the headlight lid is present. Both headlights are unhooked and non-functional. I do not have a title for this car.

The other car is an orange two-owner '73 SIII with a clear Indiana title, signed, notarized and ready to transfer to the new owner. This car has significant rust in the floors and rockers. This car has been parked since 1985, at which time the headliner had failed and the owner parked it outside. Sitting for so many years are certainly taken its toll on the car, which is now best suited as a parts car. The transmission was freshly rebuilt by a SAAB dealership not long before the car was parked. The previous owner gave me the receipts from the rebuild from 1984/5. I'll do my best to find them before the time of sale. I've not tried to get this car running, as it donated its carb to my '69 96. That is the only this missing to my knowledge.

Both cars have complete sets of Soccerball wheels with bad tires, but most hold air. Both cars also have trailer hitches installed, which seemed exceptionally odd to me.

Expect to trailer both of these home, obviously. If transportation is an issue, I have a neighbor who transports cars and may be interested in assisting with that aspect of the sale.

Together, you have a solid basis for restoration and the ultimate parts car to make it complete. I'm looking to sell the cars as a pair so that I can concentrate on my '69 96 DeLuxe restoration and some other things in life.

Let me know if you'd like any specific pictures of either car or have any questions.

Thanks for reading.

Tim

Car #1, the solid blue one:

Car #2, the rusty orange one:

tincetti
tincetti New Reader
11/22/10 8:52 p.m.

Please don't ask your neighbor how much it would cost to get them to Austin, TX 78737.....

Powar
Powar Dork
11/28/10 7:21 a.m.
tincetti wrote: Please don't ask your neighbor how much it would cost to get them to Austin, TX 78737.....

I haven't managed to catch him out lately. He's busy playing with cars himself, I'd guess.

I still have these cars and I need them even less now because of a medical issue.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
11/29/10 4:42 p.m.

ahh I need the rear hatch glass out of one ?

Powar
Powar Dork
11/29/10 4:50 p.m.

I'm trying to sell the cars whole. If that changes, I'll send you a message.

Powar
Powar Dork
11/30/10 9:13 a.m.

May consider trading+cash for an affordable luxobarge of some flavor.

Karl La Follette
11/30/10 11:39 a.m.

have plenty to trade karl@btropical.com or cash

Powar
Powar Dork
11/30/10 11:45 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: have plenty to trade karl@btropical.com or cash

Does that mean that you're interested in the entire cars now?

Karl La Follette
11/30/10 4:04 p.m.

If you where coming to the 24 hr rolex party at daytona with trailer of car , I could give you a trailer full to haul back ?

Powar
Powar Dork
11/30/10 4:23 p.m.

Ill not be there.

Powar
Powar Dork
12/8/10 8:53 a.m.

I still have these. Make me an offer.

I no longer need another car, so cash only please.

dhaughb17g
dhaughb17g
12/23/10 11:04 p.m.

Trying to contact you -- can you send an email to dhaughb17g@aol.com ? I want to buy your cars....

Dan

reflexr
reflexr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/31/10 9:02 a.m.
dhaughb17g wrote: Trying to contact you -- can you send an email to dhaughb17g@aol.com ? I want to buy your cars.... Dan

sold??

Powar
Powar Dork
12/31/10 9:21 a.m.
reflexr wrote:
dhaughb17g wrote: Trying to contact you -- can you send an email to dhaughb17g@aol.com ? I want to buy your cars.... Dan
sold??

Nope. Dan and I have exchanged a couple of emails, but there hasn't been anything conclusive.

Powar
Powar Dork
7/26/11 9:14 p.m.

I still have these. I still don't need them. Make an offer and get two of the coolest damned cars ever made.

dabird
dabird New Reader
7/27/11 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Powar:

Tim, Let me know when you're ready to sell that 99. Matt

Powar
Powar Dork
7/28/11 11:16 a.m.

Matt... I'll keep that in mind, but the 99s are here to stay for a while. These SIIIs, though, I'm just not finding the motivation to play with.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/28/11 1:14 p.m.

My Sonett sure would like some organ donors--- er, friends. Out of my budget though :(

Powar
Powar Dork
7/28/11 2:08 p.m.

Price is negotiable. I really just want the space back.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/3/11 1:58 p.m.

SOLD! (to the first person who bothered to come look at them)

I delivered them to their new home in Henryville, IN Monday night.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XGxpsmITw5So6W6OA5EovZSAvjOWFeMNMWSaAsogpOnjkuPf6EOGNZtiCW3seaPG