GregAmy
GregAmy New Reader
3/11/11 9:29 a.m.

A scam? Nope.

A catch? Sorta.

Read this, especially the bottom third:

http://www.gatm.com/cars/gti.html

I've not found anyone that wants to buy it, and I've come to the realization that I'll neither pay to have it towed up to Connecticut nor will I spend the money to refurb it. Been there, done that. I miss it, it pisses me off that it's there and in that condition, but that's reality. I just finished the Nissan NX2000 SR20VE project, now I'm thinking there's a mid-80's Porsche 911 project in my future...

Anyway, what's the "sorta catch"? It's in Opelousas, LA and it's as-is, where-is. What you see in that link is all I've got, all I know, and there's no way I'll be able to get more info for you. And, to be fair to the guy who's had that thing in his yard for a couple years, he asks for $200 in storage costs, which I suspect would be negotiable (I'm sure he wants to get rid of it.) You agree to move on this and I'll give you the guy's contact info and you can work it out. My dad has the clear title which I will coordinate with him to get to you.

You want it? Go get it. But if you're not serious, please don't waste my time...?

Greg Amy grega at pobox and then dot the com

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/11/11 10:12 a.m.

Dang it 9 and half hours away.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox HalfDork
3/11/11 10:44 a.m.

Never loan a car to your brother in law.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/11/11 1:01 p.m.

Damn, 10 hours from me. I really want to. I really do...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
3/11/11 6:49 p.m.

Aaargh! I was within an hour of there yesterday.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/11 10:51 p.m.

for $20 I'll Kick your brother in law In the nuts next time I am down there

GregAmy
GregAmy New Reader
3/12/11 9:15 a.m.

In reply to patgizz:

I'll pay the storage fee for you to go down there and do it...

matt147
matt147 New Reader
3/12/11 9:41 p.m.

It hurts to see the 2010 pics after seeing how nice it once was Greg.

JohnW
JohnW Reader
3/12/11 9:56 p.m.
patgizz wrote: for $20 I'll Kick your brother in law In the nuts next time I am down there

I don't even know that guy, but what freaking jerk! As an owner of Rabbit GTIs for eight years and multiple hundreds of thousands of miles, I can say that.

LopRacer
LopRacer New Reader
3/16/11 7:37 p.m.

Must resist the urge to drag home another Rabbit to my home for wayward VW's. Must resist the urge already have several not running Rabbits here to deal with.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3Z3WvBVx58TQYKiW7jAAwv6by26216oPb3kqtKXuiJx7StzeM4mJaJtRsaU9qJd6