1 2
jrg77
jrg77
11/24/08 7:17 a.m.

'85 Camaro Z28 hardtop 5 spd. chassis. Most of the engine compartment is empty. The body has minimal if any rust. You will have to come get it. My intent was to turn it into a race car, but I don't have the time or the money to start the conversion. A good home means you know what to do and can show the means to do it. Also have a SBC engine complete from intake to oil pan. 400 bored .060 over 2 darton sleeves Crower 280r cam Comp solid roller lifters Comp roller rockers Dart PRO1 230cc heads with steam holes Weiand Team G intake MSD ignition with custom cut wires Canton road race oil pan for F-body Eagle rotating assembly internall balanced and set up for manual trans flywheel Professionally assembled by Van Senus of Hammond, Indiana Still on crate and wrapped from shop Never been outside

The engine goes also if you can show me that you know what you're doing. Shoot me a PM or give me a call to talk about it (219)201-8364.

Jason

3rd gear, 3500 rpm, and 1500 ft. before the next braking point... nothing could be better than this...

dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
11/24/08 8:52 a.m.

I'll take it if you'll let me. It looks like you're in Indiana. That's no problem. I'll call on my lunch break.

Dorri

914Driver
914Driver Dork
11/24/08 8:58 a.m.

Wow! Wish you were closer!

For the $2009 Challenge, can you call it free? Would they make you use fair-market-value?

Dan

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/24/08 9:47 a.m.

Since it is offered free to the public here on the board, it looks free to me...

jrg77
jrg77 New Reader
11/24/08 10:03 a.m.

It would be really cool to see the pieces go to someone who puts it together for the $2009 challenge. That's kind of my way of participating.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/24/08 10:11 a.m.

I could use the engine for my project, though don't have a good way to get it to ATL unless the GRM express wants to help...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/24/08 11:42 a.m.

how much of the car is there?

i'd definitely be interested for my $2009 car since i've had jack for luck finding something clean/cheap/easy for chevy guy like me to play with.

is there a transmission involved or a title?

i have the means, i've been building small blocks since i could spin wrenches, i've had an 85Z and wanted it back since it disappeared, i have some choice suspension bits and a 3.73 9 bolt posi disc brake rear end sitting in my buddy's barn since he got rid of his 85, and i have room for it indoors. i also have several transmssions to pick from, carbs, distributors, IROC and GTA wheels, a CE 8 point camaro roll cage etc...

i built my 80 for SCCA CP, did alot of work on Gimp's 81, and did tons of work for my buddy on his 85 and his old 84 and got paid for some chassis work on a 92 so i'm very familiar with what it takes to stiffen up an F body and get them to handle well. i've kinda been wanting a 3rd or 4th gen so i can build my own suspension parts(torque arm, panhard bar, rear LCA's)

if you need any more info on my resume look at the readers rides section and search by highest rated, and click on the blue/white 54 belair partway down the page.

i'm picking up my sister in south bend on the evening of december 23rd for christmas(she's riding the metra from chicago to SB) and i can easily hook up my trailer and come earlier in the day

jrg77
jrg77 New Reader
11/24/08 12:27 p.m.

Most of the work I've done on the car was from the firewall forward, and mainly the activity was for removal of the engine. The radiator is sitting in the garage as is the hood (not the prettiest). The passenger side fender has some bolts gone. The rear wheels are attached and the front wheels can be reattached. The trans is still connected, but I have a trans jack underneath it to support it.

The car appears to have been painted a couple of times but is solid so far as I can tell. I did not paint the car, and my efforts were to keep the car going. I didn't strip it or anything.

Before I took the engine out I drove it on a 300 mile trip. It did okay, but I was getting oil on the clutch which started the trip down the rabbit hole.

I have a valid Indiana title.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
11/24/08 12:50 p.m.

While reading the original post I was saying "Please don't be within 2 hours of me" over and over to myself.

Whew!

If the eventual owner of this car needs a factory fiberglass hood (off an '82 Z28), let me know...

Clem

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/24/08 1:02 p.m.

I want another FBody

JmfnB
11/24/08 1:02 p.m.

I want another FBody

jrg77
jrg77 New Reader
11/24/08 1:03 p.m.

There's a good chance they will. The hood coming with the car leaves a lot to be desired.

patgizz
11/24/08 1:09 p.m.

i got an auto reply from your email

if i am "a good home" and you can wait a month for me to pick it up i'll come get it, bust my butt to get it together for $2009, Gimp and i will run it in gainesville, and i'd be willing to throw whatever money your way is necessary to cover notary or title transfer fees and $50 for storage since thats what i pay per month for winter storage for my other cars, and send it as a goodwill deposit to let you know i will most certainly show up.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/24/08 1:14 p.m.

He'll be a great Dad, I promise.

JmfnB
11/24/08 1:46 p.m.

Gimpy, how can he trust your word on that? Haven't you had an FBody sitting in stasis forever?

patgizz
11/24/08 2:25 p.m.

cause he knows i've finished like 5 or 6 projects in the time he's had the camaro laid up. and even taught him how to weld some

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/24/08 10:28 p.m.

LOL...

I'll admit, my Hyundai was my favorite child for a while, but it left me, so I'm back to where I started.

Pat will have that car on the road before my frame has paint.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
11/25/08 10:32 p.m.

Jason,

It was great to met you and thanks for the car, I will keep you up to date on the project

Steve

jrg77
jrg77 New Reader
11/26/08 6:52 a.m.

And there you have it folks! Thank you to all that responded. It feels good to help someone else where I couldn't really do what I want.

Jason

Now... what do I put in the garage

patgizz
11/26/08 7:20 a.m.

steve

you suck

love, pat and gimpy

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/26/08 8:19 a.m.

No love on my end.

(That's what she said)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
11/26/08 8:17 p.m.

I can't get this stupid look off my face, anybody able to tell me what it is.

patgizz
11/26/08 8:29 p.m.

my boot mark?

Hodges
Hodges New Reader
12/1/08 9:07 p.m.

Is this still available?

donalson
donalson SuperDork
12/1/08 10:38 p.m.

glad you are far away :)... last thing i need right now lol...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4wLpo4dHrVZW4MIKqVZmnYTuBNlimBBrRWxxZwTW1VeUUUA5t1oRx0F8f64qTAqq