Powar
Powar Dork
8/7/13 2:48 p.m.

I'm looking to part with my '68 95. It's in need of a complete restoration, which I had intended to do, but other things have gotten in the way (like a wedding and 11 other cars...) so I don't forsee having the time to mess with it anytime soon. It's complete aside from the front header panel (to which the headlights and grille mount) and the tail lights.

The car has been unregistered and stored indoors since 1976. It has some dents in the roof from something being sat on it while in storage, and there is one fist-sized rust through hole in where the passenger's foot well meets the firewall. There was a large, wet mouse nest in the engine compartment that caused this. The engine and transaxle are there, but I'd bet on an engine rebuild due to improper storage and someone removing the damned valve covers years ago.

I purchased the car from an estate sale years ago and have done nothing but clean and store it. I'm looking to pass the car along to another enthusiast more than I'm looking to make any money on it.

$500 is the price. I have some parts that I'd sell separately that could go a long way toward making the car go again, like a clean '72 95 fuel tank from my old DD, a spare running 1500 V4 from my '69 96 DeLuxe, etc.

56.4k miles:

Rear jumpseat looks nearly new:

As does the middle seat:

The rust hole:

The last registration:

Roof and cracked windsheid:

Some parts:

chestercopperpot
chestercopperpot New Reader
8/7/13 3:05 p.m.

I wish I had use for this car so badly.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/7/13 3:19 p.m.

they should bring back 2 door station wagons

Powar
Powar Dork
8/7/13 3:28 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: they should bring back 2 door station wagons

You should, and you should start with this one!

Powar
Powar Dork
8/8/13 1:04 p.m.

I forgot to mention that among my spare parts, I have the front header panel, grille and headlights from my late '72 wagon. It will fit this car without modification, but lacks the holes in the bottom for the stock turn signals. My plan was to run this front end with a set of aftermarket headlights with integrated turn signals. It'd be even cleaner than the stock setup, IMO.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/12/13 2:59 p.m.

Still available.

ChickenMoose
ChickenMoose
8/12/13 10:04 p.m.

I am very interested! I have a 72 95 Wagon with rusted out floor. Most everything else is OK. Can you tell me where you are located? Serious interest!

ChickenMoose
ChickenMoose New Reader
8/12/13 10:24 p.m.

Looks like you are in Kentucky? I'm very interested. I hope it is still available. I sent you a message. Thanks

ChickenMoose
ChickenMoose New Reader
8/13/13 5:37 a.m.

Ready to grab the trailer and head east. This looks like the perfect find for me. I have a strong motor and a welded freewheel transmission sitting in a floorless 72 Wagon. I'd pull my luggage rack off the 72, clean up the engine and transmission and drop it into the 68.

Sounds silly, but it has been my dream to find a v4 wagon in time to have my 2 youngest in the back, my 2 oldest in the middle and my wife and I up front and to take a trip to town.

It's been 15 years since I last drove my Saab in the garage. I've never had the ability to let it go. If this Saab is still available, I'd be able to make one strong ride out of the two. Fun!

Powar
Powar Dork
8/13/13 6:28 a.m.

I'm in Shepherdsville, KY, just south of Louisville. I'll respond to your email in a moment.

Powar
Powar Dork
8/30/13 12:38 p.m.

Sold and on its way to Minnesota with Mr. ChickenMoose.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/31/13 8:59 a.m.

Thank you Mr. Moose! I used to ice race a 96, love that car.

ChickenMoose
ChickenMoose New Reader
9/1/13 7:29 a.m.

On our 840 mile journey home, we had 2 Harley riders in 2 different states pull up beside the wagon on the trailer and take a picture. Lots of questions asking, "what kind of car is that?" It is now safely in the garage next to the '72.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fJggBzN41i8SXJUDYvvsxqxKekpeld7fQT5x3EWMO28XDZLc9zQFizyqRRBbjH0q