16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/28/14 9:58 a.m.

This car was my daily driver and road trip car for years. It's probably seen 30 of the 50 states. I stopped driving it about a year ago when the heater core blew. I actually had it sold to a guy as soon as I put a heater core in it, until last night when a large tree limb went through the windshield. It buckled the roof just a little bit where it meets the windshield, so I'm not sure it's worth my time to fix it. This would be a great ChumpCar as-is, or would be a perfect VR6 swap into a MKII Golf or Jetta. It has about 150k miles on it, and I personally put 100k of them on it. It got a Mobile 1 oil change every 5k miles, and NEVER had to be topped off between oil changes. The only thing I've done to it in that 100k miles was basic maintenance. It has never left me stranded. It's loaded up with leather interior, so you could probably make a little money parting out what you don't use.

The good:

Techtonics Tuning full stainless exhaust with Borla Mufflers

TT Chip

The bad:

Smashed windshield

Bad heater core

Bad power steering pump

Here's a before picture of it at an autocross. $1,000.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/29/14 2:48 p.m.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/29/14 6:46 p.m.

That's a shame, man. I remember seeing that back seat stuffed with VAG parts in ye olde GRM days. Hope it finds a new life!

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/30/14 10:02 a.m.

Yep! Four engines in the back seat and a truck full of stuff. That's awesome that you remember that.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/30/14 10:07 a.m.

I couldn't find the GRM thread, but here's the vortex thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1825454-Who-needs-a-truck-when-you-ve-got-a-Passat!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IFhSCdJy1psNb2IcPsZVJgweYbP5BxzmW67l4tGC1ILauU69gRuRMqLv88lHX6yL