spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/19 4:07 p.m.

So I am down to my last few vacation days for the year and so I can't drive out to the challenge and I am looking at flying in for the challenge. Can anyone with local knowledge give me any idea how hard it would be to get a fellow competitor or an UBER to get me from the airport to the hotel? Looking at arriving at basically midnight. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/19 5:01 p.m.

Thursday means i’ll go to bed relatively early, but with the bunch of guys that stay up late i would assume someone will come get you

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/21/19 5:04 p.m.

What airport?

Edit, let me expand ... If JAX I could probably leave a car there for you. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/21/19 5:36 p.m.

If you’re flying into GNV, it’s easy to get an Uber at that time of night. I do it fairly routinely when flying home late from a work trip. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/21/19 6:33 p.m.

I can give you my number as an option once I confirm I'm actually showing up this year.

spacecadet
7/21/19 7:25 p.m.

In reply to EVERYONE :

Thanks guys, I am looking at GNV because i found a flight for under $150. i found it previously but the cookies and other data form my browsing caused the price for me to skyrocket to nearly $300 so i bailed on the idea for a while until today. I have until tomorrow to buy the flight. 

I figured I can bribe someone to come get me since it appears the airport is less than 15 minutes from the Hotel. but wanted to know how uber was in the area as a CYA 

spacecadet
7/21/19 7:26 p.m.
Stampie said:

What airport?

Edit, let me expand ... If JAX I could probably leave a car there for you. 

I REALLY appreciate the offer Stampie 

spacecadet
7/21/19 7:30 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I can give you my number as an option once I confirm I'm actually showing up this year.

we'll be in touch. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/22/19 6:14 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

It’s a college town. Uber is great. Or any of the 9,000 taxis. I’ve never seen a flight to GNV from anywhere for $150.

spacecadet
7/22/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

yeah I realized yesterday it's the home of UF.

I live in DFW, I can get a lot of places direct and affordably between American and Southwest. 

also flight is booked, i have none of the other logistics worked out. but the transfer fee with American is $150 and the flight was a $135, so i just said screw it and I'll figure out the other logistics later. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/5/19 11:47 a.m.

I'll pick you up. I'm going to be there early on Thursday.... I'll just delay my drinking a couple hours until you get there. 

spacecadet
8/5/19 12:55 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I've got both you and Daylan offering which I greatly appreciate. My flight arrives 12:04am Friday. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/6/19 7:28 a.m.

Well in that case, I'll drink early....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i8XCR8gFDomonr6fXveD25723J6cTpg8t57bWgeFqqn0Q0ompslzkjeBbP2OySdr