Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/19 3:13 p.m.

Do we have to FMV parts received in the new years game boxes or are they a gift?  Because i got some hood pins in mine and I would love that $6 back in my budget since you took my $19 and $9.50 of recoup away by declaring it the $2000 challenge 

they were free available to whomever was going to be the recipient of this box

cheeky

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/2/19 3:50 p.m.

I say they should be exempt. It’s a gift- just like the IRS says you can gift up to $14K!!

(there is the possibility that someone may benefit greatly from this- there are parts in the mail that could be worth hundreds to the right recipient. I’m OK with that!)

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
1/2/19 6:37 p.m.

I'm good with that. To whomever has my name in the gift exchange....I could use an LS3.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
1/5/19 7:10 a.m.

I vote free to budget.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/5/19 7:19 a.m.

If thats the case...

Good luck to Java230, that carb I sent you was from a 46~ish horsepower car. Good luck winning the challenge with that! LOL

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/8/19 10:38 a.m.

I asked this question last year in the official Q&A thread and was told that the parts needed to be in the budget, probably via FMV...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/9/19 8:59 a.m.

I remember the answer that they need to be fmv as well. 

I personally can see arguments either way, however biggest in my mind is if someone shows up with a turbo free of budget because they got it in their grm box (I'd think it was awesome), but an outsider would see both that the car is not a 2k car, AND they might feel like you have to already be part of the club to participate seriously.

So Id vote fmv. Whatever little value can be assigned to the junkiest of junk sitting around in our garages that even our hoarder selves can stomach letting go of is.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/9/19 9:19 a.m.

I got a turbo in my GRM Box.

I'd say FMV is like $50 on it.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/11/19 8:40 a.m.

Grm gift box free up to $50 fmv?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/11/19 9:06 a.m.

If fmv is free, in only 7 pistons away from a free ford 460!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SeX5jBlCquIMcTmVLM9nzYDJud5CKqOoekCyWG1lDMGwRZI5Icb473dvePoIXfPe