1 2
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
9/17/09 3:25 p.m.

Completely challenge legal, you can be the proud owner of this former GRM project car. You know you want it...

Click Here!

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 8:55 p.m.

Why are you going to do that to me? Put it up for sale like that.

Tom Heath
9/18/09 2:39 p.m.

Because I know you want it.

[jedimindtrick]
It's tempting you...it's a bargain.
[/jedimindtrick]

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/09 2:55 p.m.

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/18/09 2:59 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: It's tempting you...it's a bargain.

Carson
Carson Dork
9/18/09 3:16 p.m.

If someone wants to pick up my E30 I can seriously consider it.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/18/09 10:48 p.m.

gah, I need that!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
9/19/09 8:53 a.m.

I can vouch for the car. It dominated the European Rally School Event. You will pwning noobs at every event.

With the limited slip It is pretty much the only front wheel drive car I have found truly truly enjoyable to drive. Granted my FWD experience is limited and I haven't driven Scotts Type-R but I was amazed. It seems to pull about as hard as my 160whp RX-7.

I was very interested until I changed jobs, got a company car and realized I had three RX-7s plus the fiances Subaru for Rally X.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
9/20/09 7:35 a.m.

Trade you a conversion van for it? Hey, where did my conversion van go? Anyone seen my conversion van? Email me a picture? :P

Tom Heath
9/22/09 10:05 a.m.

Hey, I paid for that van with Miata parts! (The Miata stays, btw.)

Van isn't really the word. My landlady kindly informed me that it was an RV, and therefore violates our lease. Joe Gearin is taking really good care of it, though. We're about halfway done with freshening the interior, and have a good solid coat of red oxide primer. Pics of the rig will surface soon; It's not completely painted yet.

Back on topic—The Neon is still available, it's about to receive a fresh clutch before going to a new home. I still think somebody needs to do an arrive-and-drive for the Challenge...

Tom Heath
10/23/09 1:12 p.m.

Alright, this really needs to find a new home now. I've got a line on the perfect family hauler (emphasis on hauler...) but the budget doesn't stretch far enough without selling the Neon first.

It's a great car for autocross, rallycross, HPDE, or even stage rally if you put a cage in it. The motor is worth more than the asking price. If you're brave, it would make an incredible LeMons ringer, but don't blame me when they crush it.

Includes spare transmission, shocks, another set of springs, and some other stuff around the garage.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/09 2:00 p.m.

What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money! No money, no parts, no deal! And no one else here has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/23/09 3:06 p.m.

I too can vouch for the mighty-ness of the Neon. It does haul ass. It is also basically done, so you don't have to spend your nights and weekends making it right.

Oh and the VAN is absolutely taking shape! Think Moon Disk wheels / side exhaust / plenty of racing stickers.......and don't forget the golden throne!

Buy the Neon.....buy the Neon.......buy the Neon......you know you need it.......

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/09 7:31 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Back on topic—The Neon is still available, it's about to receive a fresh clutch before going to a new home. I still think somebody needs to do an arrive-and-drive for the Challenge...

did that clutch job happen?

Jeff
Jeff Dork
10/23/09 7:38 p.m.

Guys, not to pee in your cornflakes, but it's a Neon. I couldn't get anyone to pony up $750 for my R/T with fresh rebuild. I finally gave it to a friend.

I hope yours turns out different.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/09 8:03 a.m.
John Brown wrote: What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money! No money, no parts, no deal! And no one else here has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that!

Whut he said.

Tom Heath
10/24/09 11:50 a.m.
Jeff wrote: Guys, not to pee in your cornflakes, but it's a Neon. I couldn't get anyone to pony up $750 for my R/T with fresh rebuild. I finally gave it to a friend. I hope yours turns out different.

That seems to be the rub. Fresh motor with big, bumpy cams, mild head work, revs to 7.5k, brand new limited slip diff, etc. Hell, it even has fresh tires, but the Neon badge makes it the value of dirt. :(

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/24/09 3:31 p.m.

Trade you my RX-7, but you pay shipping on both

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
10/24/09 4:15 p.m.

Trade you mom's 5 series.

tnturbo
tnturbo New Reader
10/24/09 6:51 p.m.

Any interest in a 91 Chevy Z71 ext cab 4x4 350 automatic?

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
10/24/09 6:58 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: That seems to be the rub. Fresh motor with big, bumpy cams, mild head work, revs to 7.5k, brand new limited slip diff, etc. Hell, it even has fresh tires, but the Neon badge makes it the value of dirt. :(

It's definitely got 2 drawbacks. I don't have any money, and I switched from neons to miatas.

Hope it goes to a good home!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/25/09 8:53 a.m.

I need a car, and that would be the perfect one, but student loans are more pressing at the moment.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
10/25/09 9:03 a.m.

oomph...if only stupid dumb florida want so stupid dumb far dumb away...stupid.

my brother needs a car, he loves anything coupe and 5 speed, thats about 1/2 his budget, and I want that car in the family. I'll send him an email, but dont hold your breath.

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
10/25/09 11:14 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Fly-n-Drive!

Tom Heath
10/25/09 7:51 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: Trade you mom's 5 series.

Deal, but I think you're in for extra chores if we move forward on it.

tnturbo wrote: Any interest in a 91 Chevy Z71 ext cab 4x4 350 automatic?

Probably not, but thanks for the offer.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SqIcv0CTAyJlXp9pN6Q1GRPUZZsn5yVUon5KBqtQnzdBM1qkKZhUvHfvF6Mc3WEl