1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
1/4/21 8:43 p.m.
1SlowVW said:

My head says bet on the veterans.

My romantic side wants to root for the underdog in the short roof fox.

My whistful almost dead self screams "turbo Lima ftw !" 

This is all so great. 

My money is on Cameron and Calvin. 

surfshibby07 said:

You all laugh now, but when i get this thing in the car and blaze down the track to a 13.4

THEN we will see whos laughing...

Well that's 5 seconds faster than $h!tbarge.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/5/21 7:05 a.m.
wheels777 said:
1SlowVW said:

My head says bet on the veterans.

My romantic side wants to root for the underdog in the short roof fox.

My whistful almost dead self screams "turbo Lima ftw !" 

This is all so great. 

My money is on Cameron and Calvin. 

What over under odds are we getting on the betting 1-2 seconds? 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
1/20/21 9:24 a.m.

Well the donor car has been picked up. 92 sc300 non vvti 2j. Came with a spare 2j longblock as well. Picked up the car from Mr. Burchett. Thanks to Travis for a cad file that calvin and i used as a baseline to create a 2j to th400 adapter which us currently in the works. Once that arrives i can mate the motor and trans, space the torque converter accordingly, and fit the motor and trans in the car. Until then im going to go ahead and start wiring what i can, get the brakes functional and order a set of tires. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/20/21 9:59 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:

You all laugh now, but when i get this thing in the car and blaze down the track to a 13.4

13.4?  That's blistering. You gonna eat a sandwich on the way down the track?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/21 10:09 a.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

In the spirit of the thread title ... how fast can it be if it won't even blow the leaves off the windshield?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/21 10:30 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:

Picked up the car from Mr. Burchett.

Here's some smack talk - 

All of Mr. Burchett's challenge cars seem to significantly improve when he sells them!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
1/20/21 11:29 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:
surfshibby07 said:

13.4?  That's blistering. You gonna eat a sandwich on the way down the track?

I will probably buy the ingredients, make it, and consume before i reach the trap. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
1/29/21 9:04 a.m.

Huge thanks to Calvin and Travis for making this possible. The adapter for the 2j to a th400/powerglide has been made. Fots like a glove. Hopefully this weekend i can bolt the trans to the motor and test fit it in the car to mock up some motor mounts. Then i will pull it all back out to start working on the tq converter spacing. Once it goes back in i can start manifold fabrication. One step at a time.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/29/21 9:24 a.m.

Looks good! Too bad it's only 3/4 of an Atlas 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/29/21 11:18 a.m.

Since the trans is always the expensive part of a 2JZ build, maybe there is some money in these adaptors? (I'd actually guess they're already out there just not challenge friendly). 

Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
surfshibby07 said:

Picked up the car from Mr. Burchett.

Here's some smack talk - 

All of Mr. Burchett's challenge cars seem to significantly improve when he sells them!

Oh I think that this may become a theme for 2021.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
1/30/21 6:55 a.m.

And yes, we are helping the guy who called us out. Why? Because we like squishy fish.

I figured we'd even the playing field a bit. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
1/30/21 7:43 a.m.

Since the trans is always the expensive part of a 2JZ build, maybe there is some money in these adaptors? (I'd actually guess they're already out there just not challenge friendly). 

800$ plus.... either the adapter plate with conversion torque converter and pilot and the flexplate or the available bellhousing plus 2j base and turbo/pg cover and pump drive.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
1/31/21 1:50 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

You got it. These things are big money. The flexplate is what gets you too. But we have some ideas to overcome and adapt. Luckily calvin wants to see this happen, dare i say, almost more than he wants to win. They have helped a ton. The straight 6 war moves forward!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
1/31/21 5:09 p.m.

Sc300 motor pulled. Test fit of turbo manifold and the gt45. Might go with a gt35. Removed the points and distributor cap as im going to a vvti coil set up with an ignitor. Also got a meth injection kit for dirt cheap so looks like no intercooler for me. 

surfshibby07 said:

Sc300 motor pulled. Test fit of turbo manifold and the gt45. Might go with a gt35. Removed the points and distributor cap as im going to a vvti coil set up with an ignitor. Also got a meth injection kit for dirt cheap so looks like no intercooler for me. 

Watch out, I hear Florida goes wild at mention of meth in cars.

Can't wait to see the specific output of the atlas vs. the 2jz. 

What are you planning to use for engine management?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
2/1/21 9:12 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) :

Looks like the pictured turbo will 'manage' just fine!

Looks like the pictured turbo will 'manage' just fine!

That things gonna manage to put a hole in a piston unless he gets fuel/ign control =P

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/2/21 3:03 p.m.

Ill be using the ole trusty microsquirt! I also will be looking for a gt35 to use instead of this gt45. Unless i can either make or locate a quick spool valve for cheap. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
2/2/21 3:07 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

Unless i can either make or locate a quick spool valve for cheap. 

Compressed air tank back-feeding the EGR valve. 

My build ended up with low-compression and high boost. Have you looked at either anti-lag or two step? I'll be using the latter for launches on the 1/4 mile and hoping my gearing works out to keep me in boost on the auto-x.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/3/21 12:58 p.m.

the micro has a 2 step function built in. ill be using that. as for compressed air back feeding an egr valve, hadn't really considered that, but not 100% sure on its efficiency. im hoping to find a gt35 for an easy button. should get the car 9s given the cars suspension set up and weight. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/26/21 8:29 p.m.

Its been a while but...

Tadaaaa.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E9BW6fDbeglIsvKeUeKH0XfKxT5jVDL9ppf9RX1ukGLqheM4JhEfHi1G7vUx7xGN