tb (minimally supportive)
tb (minimally supportive) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/20 2:39 p.m.

motorsportreg will not let me register for the challenge...

Every time I try to add a vehicle it gives me an error. It says:

"An answer to "vehicle photo" is required."

I've tried just everything I can think of but it just will not add a vehicle so that I can register. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/20 3:29 p.m.

In reply to tb (minimally supportive) :

Maybe they banned you?  

9/10/20 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I thought of that, but am surprised they didn't want the satisfaction of saying so to my face...

It is actually some glitch with motorsportreg.com not letting me add a car to my garage at all, not really grm specific. Motorsportreg hasn't deactivated my account so... well... i dunno... maybe?

Stampie (FS)
9/10/20 3:52 p.m.

In reply to tb (minimally supportive) :

Did you you know add a picture of your car on that page?

9/10/20 3:56 p.m.

I tried that. Many times, many ways, many pics... still just a stupid error message. 

Never had to add a pic before for any other cars, have previously used the site many times without issue. It seems like something I should be able to do, yet I'm stumped.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/10/20 4:01 p.m.

Maybe you need to be more supportive?

Haha.

9/10/20 4:07 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Maybe! That just isn't my style, though...

Even though I occasionally misbehave, I have actually been a solid supporter of the mag and event over the decades. If I could fix it by throwing more money at it, that would be simple!

If no one knows what I am doing wrong I will call Tom and maybe he can help? Not really his problem, rather the service they chose to make the process easier.

Shrug

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/10/20 4:08 p.m.

Huh, that's the first I'm hearing of this issue. I reached out to MotorsportReg, as everything looks good on our end. We'll see what they say.

Sorry about that!

9/10/20 4:15 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

No worries; I reached out, too because it is definitely their problem and not something that you did.

I would honestly rather fight stuck bolts than deal with a busted website...

9/10/20 9:41 p.m.

Ok, I finally got registered. 

Work around involved making a shared account in my Daughter's name, adding my car to our shared garage while logged in as her and then switching to my account in order to register the car from our shared garage.

Make sense? Not really. Don't care, it worked. The whole "vehicle photo" answer is moot anyway since I just used a stock image, at least for now.

Stampie (FS)
9/10/20 9:51 p.m.

So what you're saying is they banned you but not your daughter ... yet.

9/10/20 9:54 p.m.

Something like that, yeah. She's must be a better liar than I am because she certainly isn't any better behaved.

I'm just releived that now you will all be able to sleep at night knowing my tiny, first world problem has been resolved. Now, I just have to get the damn machine to actually stay running long enough to compete...

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/11/20 11:44 a.m.

Same thing happened to me. Switched browsers. Switched computers. No change. Then after I got that error message for about the 15th time, I noticed that the registration page had updated the vehicle anyway and all was well. I'm not a computer guy so I have no idea what that was about, but it did let me through after a few tries. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/11/20 11:49 a.m.
tb (minimally supportive) said:

She's must be a better liar than I am because she certainly isn't any better behaved.

LOL! Story of our lives, as parents

9/11/20 5:05 p.m.

Just a quick note that Motorsportreg did get back to me for help promptly even though I have resolved the issue for now.

Thanks, Tom, for reaching out to them; you carry more clout in these circles than most!

And good job from msr for being on top of customer service with less than 24 hours response time. 

Glad it finally worked for you, Sean.  I am happy again.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
9/11/20 10:13 p.m.

i was having the same issue and just gave up 

9/11/20 10:37 p.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

That is disheartening to hear, although I suppose I take solace in that it isn't a personal delusion of mine?

Barefoot doesn't count, since I know by now that he is actually kinda nuts... :)

Seriously, though, motorsportreg people are aware of the issue and are working on it. Their correspondence with me indicated that the computer guys there are looking into promptly.

Keep trying? Good luck

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/12/20 6:44 a.m.

I'm in the same boat - tried adding my challenge car both on computer and phone this morning, and it wouldn't take it.  Which is even more annoying, since according to their page, it doesn't even require a photo.  Whether I add a picture or not, it just isn't working.

Might see if I can edit one of my existing cars into it...

Tom Suddard
9/12/20 6:47 a.m.

Yes, MSR is aware of the issue and working on fixing it. They didn't give me details but it sounds like it is an issue on their end, and they will be able to fix it soon. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/12/20 8:05 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Yes, MSR is aware of the issue and working on fixing it. They didn't give me details but it sounds like it is an issue on their end, and they will be able to fix it soon. 

Excellent news!

Tom Suddard
9/15/20 10:35 a.m.

All fixed! I just received this from the team at MotorsportReg:

Hi there Tom, 

Good news, our Product Team found a fix for this issue last night so you should be all set moving forward. 

Please let us know if you run into any issues and we'd be happy to help.

Please let me know if you're still unable to register.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/15/20 8:45 p.m.

Worked fine for me today.  I am in.

Tom Suddard
9/16/20 9:44 a.m.

Woohoo! Welcome to the party.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3ygCYBaR9TQeHcupDkz71xp1k1bcLbBNuhR0Ca7Dtkir6MU0i45zYqOTDIDJVUZr