1 2
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/5/14 4:45 p.m.

Located in NW suburbs of Chicago. Mine. Affiliated.

Honestly I would consider this a running and driving parts car. Decent amount of rust and lots of things not working/bypassed plus the interior is trashed. Just under 200K miles. Last year and less than 1K miles ago I replaced the head gasket, refreshed the head a bit, timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, deleted the catalytic converter and installed a new stock-ish exhaust plus a good working Garrett T3 turbo. Flushed the cooling system and the intercooler. Pull the engine + trans and drop it in a nicer shell!

k f s p @yahoo.com

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/5/14 4:48 p.m.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/5/14 4:49 p.m.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/6/14 9:32 a.m.

I'm just saving the space as I may be looking for a redblock soon

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/6/14 11:36 a.m.

That would be perfect to swap into my 940, I won't have the money for a few weeks though.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/6/14 1:28 p.m.
EvanB wrote: That would be perfect to swap into my 940, I won't have the money for a few weeks though.

Come and get it. Pay me later

captdownshift
10/6/14 2:06 p.m.

Do it Evan...

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/14 2:17 p.m.

mmm, looks like a tasty swap for the MGB-GT I have sitting here. Any idea what the approximate power output is? I am a total Volvo-uninitiated.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
10/6/14 2:27 p.m.

Well, SOMEONE buy it.

This is just on the other side of town from me, and the want is nearly too strong.

mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
10/6/14 3:00 p.m.

Nothing to add, but good luck w/ the sale. Me and the misses just had a convo last night and I def cant buy this anytime soon.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/6/14 6:58 p.m.

Man, that would make a great winter beater for me. I'm pretty dang close, too (Milwaukee). What all is non-functioning or bypassed on it, and how terminal is the rust?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/6/14 11:31 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: Man, that would make a great winter beater for me. I'm pretty dang close, too (Milwaukee). What all is non-functioning or bypassed on it, and how terminal is the rust?

Winter beating is initially what I bought it for. Sunroof is kaput. Parking brake cable broke. Drivers seat heater doesn't work. Head unit died (really old deck that was crap anyway). Recently the speedometer gradually quit. Heater core is bypassed (I suspect the plastic fitting that's a known failure point and easy to replace gave up ((can do it with core in situ)). Heat worked great until it sprung a leak! Rear caliper is frozen.

Rust is not what I would call terminal. It's just slowly popping up/around the body. I call it rusty mainly because you don't see many Volvos sporting rust.

With some freshening up and a couple weekends you could have this Swedish tank back in full on winter battle mode!

captdownshift
10/7/14 8:26 p.m.

Someone should really buy this and do a pickup conversion. (Yes the E30 truck for sale has me thinking too much)

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/8/14 9:58 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift: or cut out the roof skin and install a canvas top w/ snaps for maximum WTF looks. Plus a giant prancing moose painted on the hood for good measure.

captdownshift
10/8/14 10:02 a.m.

Don't Tempt Me.

Cut the roof, make a bed, install exterior roll ball ala wrangler, install canvas top. Paint moose with antlers spread out ala Firebird screaming chicken.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/8/14 1:15 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: Don't Tempt Me. Cut the roof, make a bed, install exterior roll ball ala wrangler, install canvas top. Paint moose with antlers spread out ala Firebird screaming chicken.

F#CK. YES. The majesty of it..

If I had the room for it I would be so tempted to keep it and execute that plan.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/8/14 10:38 p.m.

Aw I miss my red manual 745 turbo. Hmm.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/14 4:24 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: Do it Evan...

Yes, do it, because Quantum #2 is still several months and $2k away from being done and I don't think Quantum #1 will make it another winter and this car looks like it is in WAY good of a shape, bolt Q#1's seats in it and throw a $100 converter on it and be good for the winter. And the summer.

And I don't really WANT to have five cars.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/16/14 7:50 a.m.

In reply to Knurled: You do. You do want 5 cars.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/14 1:15 p.m.

You, er, have e-mail...

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/21/14 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Replied!

EvanB
10/30/14 10:11 a.m.

Trade for an eagle summit wagon, manual fwd?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/30/14 11:23 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Totally wish I could, but I don't have room for the Volvo. You could have the Volvo for $600 tho..

EvanB
10/30/14 11:26 a.m.

Were you serious about me taking it and paying later? I'll be in Chicago on Saturday, may be able to come up with the cash but not sure yet.

I could just swap the drivetrains between my 940 and make the red one a pickup!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
10/30/14 1:41 p.m.

Dead serious actually. I know where you interface with the GRM hivemind Too much effort went into refreshing it to let go on craigslist and I know a GRMer would make good use of all the parts like Native Americans with the buffalo.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
93hmDX6jceWnN4c7CZBIDMrvRAws648BiAPoMuVR6JA6oA8qcY1RpfUenMB4aCnB