1 2
bigben
bigben Reader
10/6/19 1:33 a.m.

In all seriousness, I am probably going to need a place to drop off my trailer for a couple of days post challenge. Otherwise I'll have to put a hitch on the challenge car and tow the trailer down to Orlando to meet up with actual tow vehicle that brought the challenge car to Florida.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/6/19 8:00 p.m.

There's a major public university in Gainesville. Anyone who doesn't abandon an untagged and untitled car in a university parking lot is missing out. It'll have $6400 in parking violations inside of 2 weeks, unknowingly to them that it's ownerless and they'll still continue to ticket instead of tow. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/6/19 8:31 p.m.

^One of the reasons I'm glad I went to a private college. The cops had no real-cop power, so parking tickets were just billed to your student account... assuming you were driving the same car you drove for move-in day.

Cars they didn't have in their file? Tickets were like public safety fun-bucks, totally worthless but fun to collect. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/6/19 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

My roommate got a ticket his first day, and kept the yellow envolope. Everytime he parked illegally he'd toss the old envolope under the wiper. Only got a few tickets parking illegally most every day for years.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/6/19 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Our main office that I rarely go to for work shares a building with a college, and they require parking passes...sometimes I'd forget to request one, so I'd throw an old one up on the dashboard when I parked. Never got the company car towed out of its own parking lot even once! laugh Of course, they just recently started requiring old parking passes to be turned in after use...guess that's my fault cheeky

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/14/19 9:16 a.m.

Assuming there is any motion left in the vehicle. smiley

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/15/19 12:01 p.m.

i too will have doll hairs on me for cheap vehicle purchases. if anyone is so inclined to sell cheap. 

im hoping someone sells their crown vic and/or sentre se-r

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/15/19 6:39 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

I have a Grand Marquis. But you have to come to Missouri.

laugh

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/15/19 9:38 p.m.
Bent-Valve said:

In reply to surfshibby07 :

I have a Grand Marquis. But you have to come to Missouri.

laugh

Oooo that might be a hard no. Lol

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4DPycCPDLmcsnICKrmsQYeZsol89JGG3bjBaFcmWbLnZtEAp4h7E6MOfpEmoKfTV