1 2 3
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/19 11:15 a.m.

Trying to rekindle the passion for the challenge.  The circumstances of last year kinda killed all my motivation, I was moving along at an alarming pace and then the call about drags being nixed sucked all the wind out of my sails.  Having a hard time getting motivated to tear my engine apart and get stuff done.

light my fire guys, GO

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/20/19 11:28 a.m.

You gonna let Andy be the only one in the 9s?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/20/19 12:16 p.m.

I'll remind you of two goals you mentioned some time back:

1. Build the car you want to own ( I think the Gasser fits this requirement and finishes well @ the Challenge )
  2. Magazine cover.

Ready, set, Go!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/20/19 2:02 p.m.

You have a feature story car in your garage, you just need to finish it. The coolest part of that is you can roll around and be awesome even when not at the Challenge because it's so rad. 

When was the last time you went to a drag strip? Just to watch even. You need to go hang out with some mechanical violence. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
4/20/19 2:14 p.m.

I was off yesterday and it was 50 and rain all day.  I deep cleaned my new to me grill and cleaned more in the garage.  It was cold and wet out and I wanted nothing to do with being outside.

Today was supposed to be the same.  It's 50 and sun and I'm running with it.  Cleaning up the block in the challenge Camaro to mount up the water pump, I really shouldn't have let it sit all winter.

No matter what you bring this year I can't wait to see it! yes

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/19 4:33 p.m.

Do you still need 240 front fenders? I have another parts car here I am stripping to scrap soon. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/20/19 5:16 p.m.

The gasser needs to come. Period. 

The fun for you seems to be the drags, the people, and the family florida vacation. Cater to your strengths.

Also, focus, focus, focus. You have the datsun. The shoebox. The gasser. The chevelle. The panhard. Darth nader. Other stuff im forgetting. 

Pick the one thats the closest to done (challenge or not), and get it finished. Then the next closest. 

Personally, i think the datsun is first, gasser second, chevelle running a driving rotbox. Then full thrash on the shoebox that you are really in love with. The benifit to getting a few to driver status is that the parts and crap piles become much more self contained. And it keeps motivation and passiin alive.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/20/19 5:18 p.m.
Patrick said:

light my fire guys, GO

If you don't show then Andy Neuman will automatically beat you.  Do you want to lose to him?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/20/19 5:20 p.m.

I need to live vicariously through you. 

(Hmm... I guess that didn’t quite do it, huh?) cheeky

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/19 7:45 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

You have a feature story car in your garage, you just need to finish it. The coolest part of that is you can roll around and be awesome even when not at the Challenge because it's so rad. 

When was the last time you went to a drag strip? Just to watch even. You need to go hang out with some mechanical violence. 

“A”? I’d say at least 3, excluding the Datsun, though not necessarily all Challenge cars. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
4/20/19 8:08 p.m.

Build the cars you want with the budget you want.

Just try to fit in a bunch of five minutes while the weather is nice to get some of the project overload finished. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
4/20/19 8:10 p.m.
Stampie said:
Patrick said:

light my fire guys, GO

If you don't show then Andy Neuman will automatically beat you.  Do you want to lose to him?

I have a plan that is a guarantied bottom finisher. 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/21/19 5:46 a.m.

OR,   REGARDLESS of where I Finish , Gotcha !.

Anger Is A Mutherxxx err  Motivater

Dude You Have some of the Greatest Projects  Ever,  Grow old with the Panhard,   The Chevelle from what I have seen Is A Resto Mod ? aka. $40,000,    I love Gassers, Never saw one make a quick Turn,   Darth Will Be A hit With The Crowd,  the Z could be loaded for Bear by Oct. Hell it's plenty Fast, Looks Like a Z Should,Make it Turn make it Pretty Inside

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/19 7:45 a.m.

My name is patgizz, and my Bob Costas hurts.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/22/19 8:15 a.m.

Do you really want an 80's station wagon to be the quickest, fastest, and best-looking Datsun under $2,000?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/19 11:42 a.m.

you could always try buying a cheap jaguar

Patrick
4/22/19 4:54 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Do you really want an 80's station wagon to be the quickest, fastest, and best-looking Datsun under $2,000?

It’s over budget now, so you’ll have to get 1st or 2nd overall to take the best overall datsun crown from me.  Nelson’s black car has set the bar too high for the quickest.  

Thanks guys.  Been in a bad place lately mentally and financially because of missing quite a bit of time at work.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
4/22/19 5:36 p.m.

To the dismay of my neighbors I finally got the Camaro running last night.  It's quite a bit louder than my other junk, especially when trying to keep the revs up to keep the oil pressure up. 

I'm not feeling great today so it's hard to get motivated.  Gotta get the belt on, fill coolant, and put a steering coupler bolt in before I can run it down the driveway to find what else needs attention, I know I'll probably need to clean up the rotors at a minimum. 

I did find the motivation to hook the battery up and fire it up when I got home.  Might refill the coolant and fire it up again... to, you know, flush the air out of the system...

You're always welcome to come rev my E36 M3 to get motivation, tho your toys are much better.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/23/19 9:44 a.m.

Get the gasser functional enough to pass tech, and bring it down.  May not win the event, but you’ll probably win the party.

Patrick
4/26/19 1:40 p.m.

Did a little fire lighting today, lapped the field and took someone out who was causing issues, completely ignoring the no bumping rule to put him in his place.  Karting is good for practicing your racing lines.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf SuperDork
4/26/19 1:56 p.m.
Patrick said:

the call about drags being nixed sucked all the wind out of my sails.

What am I missing here?  Drags aren't going to be part of this year's event?!? 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/19 2:09 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf :

They weren't part of the 2018 Challenge due to drag strip construction. They are ON for 2019!

Patrick
4/30/19 11:18 a.m.

The fire has been lit, we’re doing this for Jim (ovid)

Fyi angry your 2 sawblades came from him, so i expect you to roll them in october.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/19 2:22 p.m.
Patrick said:

The fire has been lit, we’re doing this for Jim (ovid)

Fyi angry your 2 sawblades came from him, so i expect you to roll them in october.  

they are an important part of the plan, for sure.

Patrick
5/1/19 7:58 p.m.

You guys are either so screwed or i’m going to win most spectacular failure

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FydxJnK8ST7hEPS6AWaGA5gRkPuPayaKGYmu6zqzs8FVWdk4HYJgcQJmG1Ci0Zv9