carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/22/09 8:54 p.m.

Here's a Christmas present for some lucky soul.

I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators on another project so here's the perfect starting place for a Challenge car.

1977 Datsun 280Z. The 77 model used a much stiffer chassis than the old 240Z.

Not just any 280Z, but my baby. It was to be the basis for my son's car, but we got sidetracked and it's sat for a couple of years.

It has very little rust (and absolutely none in any critical areas or under the battery) and an amazingly straight roof line - that's very hard to come by!

It has a NOS dash & NOS seats. Lots of goodies that could be sold to more than recoup the initial cost. Even has Louvers for the back glass and you know you all want those!

We dismantled it and started the restore process.

It is at the fun stage of being able to put it all back together and see some progress stage. We've done the tear apart and fix things stage that isn't much fun cause you can't really see any progress.

We sanded the body baby butt smooth and it would take very little to make it ready to paint.

It has a full GC coilover strut set up dropped 1.5". Caster and Camber plates as well as a full Energy Suspension bushing package and 9 way adjustable Tokico struts . The suspension has been blasted and painted. We have over $5,000 invested.

After we bought my son a car (where's the fun in that?) I kept threatening to make a track car out of it since that's so much easier than trying to to a concours restoration.

You can PM me for pics.

Ran when parked. Or should that be when pulled apart? Good title.

$1,000 with the suspension

$400 without.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/23/09 6:41 p.m.

This would make a good stocking stuffer for some Challenge wanna be.

cemike2
cemike2 New Reader
12/27/09 7:25 a.m.

Location?? Any pictures??

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/09 8:41 a.m.

Foat Woth, TX

so, the drivetrain is complete / disassembled / missing? (circle all that are appropriate)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nG2LVi9VjFNMRXCswtCaZJ9RM8ntAAYGuqD62ligaIGC8P5J5EVuRpSJKtKpDkfs