corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/16/13 10:07 p.m.

GRM price is $250. Come get it in Conover, NC.
Partially disassembled but almost complete. I'm sure you'd get more for it for scrap, or raid it for parts and scrap it afterwards. Need money for legal stuff and I'm moving soon, can't take it with me.

It's an 86 sunroof 5 speed car. Engine and trans are out of car and separated, engine partially torn down, was running. Oil indicates possible head gasket failure. Clutch and brake circuits need to be gone through, interior is surprisingly good. Unless you absolutely NEED it I'll be keeping the driver's seat for a racing sim. Dash in good shape, rust holes in frunk and both floor pans.
Most of the body panels are in good shape, one fender is bent up.
We just pushed it into the backyard tonight, I'd like to get it gone this week or next, otherwise I'll call the scrapyard.
No title, not stolen though according to a vin check.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/17/13 9:38 a.m.

This sounds like it should be snatched up by someone for lemons

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/17/13 11:06 a.m.
yamaha wrote: This sounds like it should be snatched up by someone for lemons

i concur.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/17/13 11:09 a.m.

I'm still diagnosing the intermittent hesitation on my 87 NA (new TPS didn't do it). Next step the ECU? Got one? (Anything else you recommend as spare parts to try?)

Matt B
Matt B Dork
4/17/13 11:28 a.m.

Bummer. I was looking forward to your progress on this one. That said, priorities prevail. Hope the legal stuff isn't too bad.

Did you post on mr2oc as well?

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/18/13 2:30 p.m.

I'm a complete mr2 noob so I don't really have any ideas of what normally fails, but I do have an ecu (86, but I guess they're the same lol)
and yeah the legal stuff isn't too serious, but it is gonna be costly: two speeding tickets that I need to pay my lawyer to take care of=/

And yes I was in love with the thing for a little while but all this stuff, combined with a lot of stuff going on at work, I've lost interest in putting it back together anyway.
I'm going to be trading my kia in for something nicer, faster, and with cheaper payments soon, and I'll just be modifying that while it's a DD, so there'll be a build thread soon enough!

Somebody should buy this!
I'm going to repost it on mr2oc tonight probably.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/18/13 3:19 p.m.

Trying to see if a local friend has an ECU I can try first. If not, how much for yours? Feel free to PM if you want...

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/18/13 7:12 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Trying to see if a local friend has an ECU I can try first. If not, how much for yours? Feel free to PM if you want...

i don't even know what to price it at, I wish you could just get the whole shebang=] lol

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/18/13 7:16 p.m.
corytate wrote:
Jerry wrote: Trying to see if a local friend has an ECU I can try first. If not, how much for yours? Feel free to PM if you want...
i don't even know what to price it at, I wish you could just get the whole shebang=] lol

Proper response, $250 and it comes with everything needed to install it including the car.

I wish I fit in them, that would be tempting.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/18/13 8:04 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
corytate wrote:
Proper response, $250 and it comes with everything needed to install it including the car. I wish I fit in them, that would be tempting.

buy it and flip the parts +scrap it=]

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/21/13 12:33 p.m.

it's got a COMPLETELY uncracked dashboard.
somebody get this thing this week or it's gone, We just cleaned the garage out

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/21/13 1:31 p.m.

dammit if you were only closer

corytate
corytate SuperDork
4/21/13 3:21 p.m.

I think I've got it sold to an mr2 parts company in Charlotte=]
will update.

corytate
corytate SuperDork