spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/19 12:59 p.m.

These shocks came off a 2008 Honda civic Si in late 2011. 

They had 35-40k miles on them when they came off to be replaced by the Honda Factory Performance shocks. 

I got them for free because my buddy said he needed them gone before the House sold and he had to throw them out. He's purging his stuff to take a break from the office world. 

The 2 on the left is them, one on the right is what I pulled off hazmat. I can get brand new ones from rock auto for $67 from rock auto before a 5% discount code. 

What's does the hive think? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/5/19 1:01 p.m.

$5 each is what I'd pay at the local junkyard.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/19 1:42 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Seems like a solid place to start. My yard charges $10 according to their website. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/5/19 1:51 p.m.

I agree, junkyard price is fair.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/19 1:58 p.m.

If they were going to the curb and you intercepted them before that happened, i’d accept $0 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/5/19 2:52 p.m.

I can tell you that we sold complete A-Spec take-offs for $150 per set (all 4 corners, springs, shocks, mounts and bushings). Those, while used, were typically less than 100 miles. So just two shocks, with a ton more miles $5 for less IMO.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/7/19 4:52 p.m.
Patrick said:

If they were going to the curb and you intercepted them before that happened, i’d accept $0 

This. “Destined for the trash” is “free.” I’ve got a buddy coming up to look at my hoard of 1st gen CRX parts in a couple weeks, because he’s the only guy who responded to the call. He’ll likely end up with some sweet, free E36 M3.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
8/16/19 6:38 p.m.

This. “Destined for the trash” is “free.” 

Except in cases of "If i don't get 3x scrap value for this car i'm just gonna scrap it"  sellers who won't accept scrap value even after they admitted they'd eventually accept scrap value. Sigh..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PJqXt540nvvbqUjlKQ12yUhtuwCTxGEnEjQcmxME38mStrF3M4do5kRrqVdt9CKI